Newfoundland Experience

david k.

Fairchaser and I had a trip that neither of us will likely ever forget! Newfoundland is a very wild, extremely rugged but absolutely beautiful place!

We booked our hunt with Dashwood Outfitters, who are fantastic people and run a great camp accessible only by float plane.

While we were there we had to contend with Hurricane Fiona which made for a few dicey days as it moved through the area only about 20-30 miles from our camp…that cost us a couple days hunting but, fortunately I was still able to take my first moose, a 7 pointer that we guessed to be about 900 pounds on the hoof….big animals for sure!

DA3EC917-AF51-44BC-83D2-84F6EC6B1BE7.jpeg

22096403-02E2-49D4-ADD3-16EF8AF6EA21.jpeg

fairchaser

Congratulations David on your moose. I can't wait to see how the euro mount is gonna look as well as taste some of that backstrap. We had some one night at camp and it was really good! The tongue was also very interesting to eat. You are a great friend and hunter. I hope we get to go again.

7mm08

Congratulations David on your moose. I can't wait to see how the euro mount is gonna look as well as taste some of that backstrap. We had some one night at camp and it was really good! The tongue was also very interesting to eat. You are a great friend and hunter. I hope we get to go again.
I had fresh moose liver one evening in Maine. Outstanding. I can't imagine tongue however. I found moose burger to be very mild as well.

Was this your first float plane ride? Congrats again !

fairchaser

I had fresh moose liver one evening in Maine. Outstanding. I can't imagine tongue however. I found moose burger to be very mild as well.

Was this your first float plane ride? Congrats again !
My first float plane but I have flown on small bush planes a couple times. These older beavers and otters are pretty basic with only a few gauges and lots of levers, knobs and buttons. They are very reliable and can fly a lot of weight.

turk870

Congrats, it's a cool place would love to go up there grouse hunting. I did a trip out of Gander camp access was by boat. I wound up getting the only moose I seen all week ( which at that time was the biggest the outfitter had ever taken) and my buddy got a caribou the last morning right before we had to leave for the plane home.

Latest posts