Newfoundland Experience

AT Hiker

@fairchaser have you had beef tongue?
I've eaten tongue from just about every critter I've killed. All very meaty but about 50% of the time beef tongue is super fatty, much like pork belly.
Sous vide tongue for 36 hours, skin it, dice it then sauté with Tex mex seasoning…tacos!

fairchaser

@fairchaser have you had beef tongue?
I've eaten tongue from just about every critter I've killed. All very meaty but about 50% of the time beef tongue is super fatty, much like pork belly.
Sous vide tongue for 36 hours, skin it, dice it then sauté with Tex mex seasoning…tacos!
AT, I would have never ventured into the culinary world of tongue had it not been served up to me under the scrutiny of other hunters waiting on me to taste it or else. It wasn't terrible but certainly interesting. With enough hot sauce and seasoning I guess anything can be eaten.

david k.

AT, I would have never ventured into the culinary world of tongue had it not been served up to me under the scrutiny of other hunters waiting on me to taste it or else. It wasn't terrible but certainly interesting. With enough hot sauce and seasoning I guess anything can be eaten.
I'm very thankful that we stayed out late that night and I missed dinner back at camp!!!!

david k.

Dunno about moose tongue, but I LOVE slow smoked beef tongue.

How did you get the meat shipped back to the states?
We took it to a processing plant, which by the way was the cleanest wild game processor I've ever seen in over 45 years of hunting. They have an arrangement with a frozen foods shipper who hauls the meat to one of several frozen food storage facilities in the states. My closest options were to have it shipped to either St. Louis or to Acworth, GA. I'm having it shipped to GA and my brother, who lives just north of Atlanta, will pick it up and bring it here to West TN in exchange for a bunch of moose meat....

megalomaniac

We took it to a processing plant, which by the way was the cleanest wild game processor I've ever seen in over 45 years of hunting. They have an arrangement with a frozen foods shipper who hauls the meat to one of several frozen food storage facilities in the states. My closest options were to have it shipped to either St. Louis or to Acworth, GA. I'm having it shipped to GA and my brother, who lives just north of Atlanta, will pick it up and bring it here to West TN in exchange for a bunch of moose meat....
That's actually not too bad to pick up st Louis or Atlanta!

Latest posts