Neighborhood Skunks

peytoncreekhunter

Well I thought I had my skunk because I saw him on camera at 3:11 a.m. and when I checked the Trap it 5:15 this morning the door was closed. I got my can of starter fluid and sprayed the whole can inside the trap enclosed in the garbage bag but what I found was an opossum. And he was still alive I had to shoot him in the head with my 22. I don't know if I didn't give him long enough to expire from the starter fluid or if it just doesn't work.

Lt.Dan

Well I thought I had my skunk because I saw him on camera at 3:11 a.m. and when I checked the Trap it 5:15 this morning the door was closed. I got my can of starter fluid and sprayed the whole can inside the trap enclosed in the garbage bag but what I found was an opossum. And he was still alive I had to shoot him in the head with my 22. I don't know if I didn't give him long enough to expire from the starter fluid or if it just doesn't work.
I would have just set the oposum free. They are ugly looking but they do a good job of cleaning up the land by eating ticks, carrion etc. My dogs are always catching the ones that wander into my fenced-in yard. Those that survive I set release over the fence. But I guess you did right, it may have had died a slow a death from the starter fluid.

peytoncreekhunter

I would have just set the oposum free. They are ugly looking but they do a good job of cleaning up the land by eating ticks, carrion etc. My dogs are always catching the ones that wander into my fenced-in yard. Those that survive I set release over the fence. But I guess you did right, it may have had died a slow a death from the starter fluid.

Yeah if I had known it was an opposum I would of let it go.

Latest posts