Need some opinions on t/c pro hunter

taterhead

I'm thinking about buying the t/c pro hunter and was wondering what everybody had to say about it. I've heard good and bad things about it but I love the way it feels any info would be greatly appreciated

Blue Dogs

I currently shoot a pro hunter in 270 and love it. Consistently get 1/2 groups with cor lokt or Win CPX2 ammo. We took a trip to Canada 2 years ago and my dad hunted with it, unfortunately he purchased some superfomance ammo and did not try them in the gun. Primers were seated to deep. Firing pin would not strike them deep enough to cause them to fire. We got lucky that another hunter was also shooting a 270. Other than that I have had zero issues out of the gun and have no interest in a different rifle. Just an fyi you will need a raised scope mount to allow access to the hammer.

taterhead

Thanks for the info bud! It's the best feeling gun I've ever put in my hands and a lot of ppl have told me accuracy has been an issue. Have you ever switched out barrels on it?

Blue Dogs

I only have the 270. I have looked at getting a 50 cal barrel but have yet to do it, its hard to spend another 500 bucks for the barrel and scope for 2 weeks of hunting. Take down and change is easy though. just a screw and a pin. As for the accuracy issue, these guns are like any other, they will like some ammo better than others, luckily mine likes the cheap stuff. I tried regular Hornady 130 grain ammo and shot 3-4 inch groups. The superformance shot the same way. In canada it did group some noslers at sub 1". No rifle is going to like everything it gets fed though.

JMcB

Had a pro hunter 50cal SS and regardless of the bullet/load, couldn't get it to shoot worth a crap. Sold it.