need some help

deerhunter10

Mainly dove hunt but plan on doing some duck hunting to. I shoot a stoeger m2000 and they even say don't shoot steel loads out of the factory chokes. I'll probably use it for dove to probably. Looking at a modified choke. In a kicks choke. So I guess I'm wanting to know how kick chokes are? And are they worth the money.

Spoonbillmallard

I shoot one in my Franchi and its been worth every penny I spent on it!!! I have literally blown ducks almost in half with it. But I shoot a Full Kicks in mine.

Smashdn

I shot a M2000 for about 8 years. You can shoot steel through the factory Mod and less constricted chokes (not through the full or extended choke that comes with it).

What you need to be mindful of is that the chokes can get stuck in the barrel. I had that happen with the factory mod. The stoeger chokes just aren't as good as others or after-market jobs. So either apply a decent glob of anti-seize to the threads or purchase you an extended choke so if it does get stuck you have something out there to get some channel-locks or vise grips on and not booger up the threads.

I got one of the Carlson extended mod chokes for like 30 bucks at Bass Pro and it patterned Kent and Win X-perts just fine. You don't need a $100 choke to do it. If you keep and eye on it and periodically loosen it and put a little lube or anti-sieze on it you can use the factory chokes.

Latest posts