Need Help with Soil Test Report

Bohuntr

I am totally new to this food-plot stuff and I got the Soil Test Reports back from the fields on my property. The pH's range from 6.4 to 7.0, so they do not recommend any lime. However, for the fertilizer recommendations, it says things like Nitrogen/Phosphate/Potash: 0-15/30/60 pounds per acre, and Nitrogen/Phosphate: 0-15/90/90 pounds per acre, etc. Is that the numbers on the fertilizer that I need, or what does it mean?

Thanks!

deerchaser007

the recommendation on 15/90/90 would mean if you used bagged 10-10-10 fertilizer you would need 150 lbs nitrogen/ 900 lbs phosphate/900 lbs potash.PER ACRE

My best advice for you is to carry the results to the co-op and let them set you up with 0-45-0 and 0-0-60 then if nitrogen needed for your planting apply 34-0-0.
OR,.. if your fields are excessable with a tractor and you have one ,.. you can have them mix it and rent the spreader to spread it yourself.

Hawk

Deerchaser......Me thinks you are confused. That is almost a ton of fertilizer. Your back will be broke as well as your bank account if you have many acres.

0-15/90/90
That means they reccomend 0 to 15 lbs of nitrogen, 90 lbs of potash and phosphate.

Ammonia nitrate is a 30% material so in 100 lbs you will have 30 lbs of nitrogen. That means you would put out around fifty lbs. to get 15 lbs. P/A
I don't know the percentages for the phosphate or potash but it is calculated in same fashion.

David J

R.I.P.
Hawk,

Actually DC007's numbers are correct. 10-10-10 means that the bag contains 10% of the three minerals. He needs 15 pounds of Nitrogen, each 50# bag will contain 5 pounds of N so he needs 3 bags to make the 15 pounds.

With Ammonia nitrate he would only need one 50# bag. The same goes for the other compounds. it is all based on percentages.

Hawk

I am not talking about a bag of fertilize. I'm talking about the recommendations on a soil sample.
Take Nitrogen/Phosphate/Potash: 0-15/30/60 pounds per acre for instance. That will have to be blended at a fertilize dealer.

The dealer will mix 100 lbs. of diammonium phosphate (DAP) which is 18% nitrate and 46% phospate and 100 lbs. of muriate of potash which is close to 60% material. In total that will be 200 lbs. per acre. You actually get more N and phosphate in this mix but fertilize dealers only use DAP to blend because of its lower price and higher percent of N and P in a lower material weight product.

Latest posts