Foliar application herbicide help

megalomaniac

yup, triclopyr is the way to go.... but it may knock back your broadleaf annual forbs in addition to the hardwoods regen... no big deal, as soil residual is only a couple weeks and the greenbrier and catbrier can regrow pretty quickly.

If you want to go scorched earth, mix it with roundup (around the bases of your shooting houses to keep privet and weeds away. If you want to kill the snot out of everything except grasses, mix it with 2,4D (we do that on many of our fencerows).

RxHunter

Great info Mega. Thanks.
Like others have mentioned, I have used triclopyr. The rate I use is 4oz per gallon in a back pack sprayer. I also soak every leaf I can. That may be over kill but rather be safe. I have sprayed sweet gums in August-September and they turn brown pretty quick. Can also tell because their dead leaves don't fall off in winter.

BSK

Like others have mentioned, I have used triclopyr. The rate I use is 4oz per gallon in a back pack sprayer. I also soak every leaf I can. That may be over kill but rather be safe. I have sprayed sweet gums in August-September and they turn brown pretty quick. Can also tell because their dead leaves don't fall off in winter.
Interesting, thanks for the tips.