Need another powder....

Blucollar

I've been able to load everything I shoot with H4831 & Varget.
I think I would like to add another powder to the mix.
Mostly basic calibers (.308,.270,.243)etc.

I haven't used alot of powders and would like your 2cents worth on one that would help me be more versatile in looking to work up a load, maybe one that would be in between these in burn rate? Faster? Slower?

Just trying to stay away from several different brands of powder that basically do the same thing (and easier on the bank account).

Thanks, Blu

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
RL15 is pretty versatile. I use it in 35 Whelen and 308 Winchester regularly. IMR 4350 is also one that works well in a number of the standard cartridges and works well with many loads in the 308 and 30-06 families of cases. My favorite with the magnum cases is RL22.

Kimberman

RL 19 is one of my favorites. You can reload alot of different stuff with it too. H4350 is some good stuff as well.

megalomaniac

you can't get any more versatile than varget and 4831... just about any powder you buy is going to overlap in performance with the two listed (unless you've got a big boomer and need h1000, retumbo, or reloader 25.

If you just want to play around, I'll second reloader 19. But you probably won't gain much over 4831

Latest posts