NEED ADVICE! FISHING OH THIS WEEKEND!

Living2Hunt

has anyone been after bass? i would like to fish this weekend, but havent been since deer season started. can anyone tell me how to get started? what kind of baits and where to find them? ex shollow, deep, drops? any advice would be apreciated! thanks!

catman529

assuming you're lake fishing but I've always been a fan of creek/river fishing as I have fished for 7+ years in the Harpeth River and my favorites for bass are soft plastics, lizards and crawfish during the summer, lizards and curl tail grubs during the winter, green pumpkin and watermelon seed are the best colors, Yum and Zoom favorite brands, just a little lead to sink them if you like and fish the cover and deeper pockets and stuff...I usually just go by what looks good, "looks like a good hole, lets chuck the bait in a few times and see if there's anything in there"

Living2Hunt

what depths do you fish this time of year and how slow is your presentation? and yes, the lake.

Blount County Hunter

Bass are normally gonna be harder to pin point in the winter, but I wou recommend a slow approach toward the bass, as in a plastic worm or lizard with a 1/8 bullet weight, texas rigged, they don't eat as much in the winter because they don't need as much food for energy because they don't travel as much, but they still need to eat, so they can be caught, but the fishing will normally be slow in the winter for bass, just part of nature

Blount County Hunter

Winter for bass, once they make the fall transisition, its usually winter bass fishing from there on out, they are some days you can fish a heat wave in the winter and find bass sunning in the shallow flats, you just gotta judge the temperature and once you find one bass, there's bound to be more in that area or similar areas