Food Plots My fall plot yesterday UPDATED photo

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I did the spray throw and grow on this little spot close to my house, hoping to just give the deer something to eat late season. Only ever saw deer once and the camera only a few night pics. Clover is everywhere mixed in too, and it just sat there. I think I'll just let it grow up and go to seed. Right where the plot ends is where I had a hen nest and hatch poults last year, so maybe they will use it again. 80EEA245-70AD-4AE3-905C-27CFA3D58C7F.jpeg
283ACEEA-38E9-47EC-9CA9-88BA4021C590.jpeg

Last edited:

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
A little fertilizer now will really push that cereal grain up and make it lush and more appealing. Interesting point on the clover, if deer targeted new clover it couldn't take the pressure. Clover certainly becomes more appealing as it establishes and matures.
I agree, don't mow till the cereal grain is ripe and dies. All wildlife will be attracted. Next fall throw and mow!

deerhunter10

What kind of clover? If its perennial spray the gras and weeds out and keep the clover. With a lot of throw and grow that I have seen most of the seed in it is rye grass which deer doesn't seek out much.

Latest posts