Food Plots My beans

Jcalder

Er….ragweed.
9E81019A-A4E2-4BA3-9B2C-6F27C7A25B1C.jpeg
23607F89-AD62-4739-9F7F-C7AB750629EB.jpeg
Wish my beans looked that good lol

RS

At least it's a weed that deer like. The largest TN buck that I've personally laid eyes on and got pics of was using a plot full on ragweed. It was a new plot that I was waiting to plant in the fall.

Jcalder

At least it's a weed that deer like. The largest TN buck that I've personally laid eyes on and got pics of was using a plot full on ragweed. It was a new plot that I was waiting to plant in the fall.
That's very true. And there's some beans mixed in there. Just a shame the time and money spent on that plot of ragweed lol

BSK

Next time I'll get the round up ready beans. My edges look good as far as beans go but the middle is just full. It's all trial and error but I've had several failures with beans lol
That's the route I'm going to go, with a blend of different RR beans so it's not a monoculture. But my weed competition is foxtail.

DoubleRidge

Whatever this stuff is .....it's common in one of our two new plots.

Then....I don't have a pic on phone but in the other new plot we have numerous lambs ear that came up in the spring....it's what we call lambs ear anyway....not sure technical name....but I'm certain I don't like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210522_114203187~3.jpg
    IMG_20210522_114203187~3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

backyardtndeer

Had similar last year here, but with pigweed. Had the crap in both the plots I planted gly resistant beans in. I burned down the plots with gly and 2 4d before working the ground like my typical routine. How the pigweed got in the plots consistently is a mystery, looked like it had been planted with the beans. Before I realized what the plants were, I sprayed the plots with a 2 oz per gallon mix of gly. Killed everything but the brand and the pigweed. All I can figure is the weed seed was either distributed by picking it up somewhere with the tiller (not likely), or it was in the hoosier pride seed I bought from rural king.

JCDEERMAN

All I can figure is the weed seed was either distributed by picking it up somewhere with the tiller (not likely), or it was in the hoosier pride seed I bought from rural king.
We never had johnson grass up until about 4 years ago. We let a neighbor use our bushhog and then we used it shortly after. We've had johnson grass trying to pop up ever since. We believe some of the heads and seeds were on the bushhog and spread onto our place.

backyardtndeer

We never had johnson grass up until about 4 years ago. We let a neighbor use our bushhog and then we used it shortly after. We've had johnson grass trying to pop up ever since. We believe some of the heads and seeds were on the bushhog and spread onto our place.
Had this happen with crabgrass in my clover. Gotten to where I will sweep the deck before mowing my clover.

Latest posts