Food Plots Harlie raking my lawn - what to seed it with afterwards?

FTG-05

I'm harlie raking my lawn so it doesn't beat me to death when I'm mowing it. About 3-4 acres or so. What should I throw down on it when I'm done to encourage deer and turkey?

Thanks!

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Wait! He said lawn!?
Do you want a lawn or a food plot?
Clover makes a good food plot but sucks as a lawn.
You can have both if your grass lawn standards are low it's really late to be sowing grasses. Got sprinklers?
Lover sees would be a waste at this point, spread your grass seed of choice and 100 lb per acre of wheat for now, this fall if you want clover, throw it down. Just remember clover is not a fan of much shade, likes the sun in spring and fall but in July and August heat it's gonna be your weak spots and in mowed lawns the clover tends to clump up leaving multi-colored lawn like mine!🙄
If you want turkeys and deer in your yard get a feeder

redblood

Wait! He said lawn!?
Do you want a lawn or a food plot?
Clover makes a good food plot but sucks as a lawn.
You can have both if your grass lawn standards are low it's really late to be sowing grasses. Got sprinklers?
Lover sees would be a waste at this point, spread your grass seed of choice and 100 lb per acre of wheat for now, this fall if you want clover, throw it down. Just remember clover is not a fan of much shade, likes the sun in spring and fall but in July and August heat it's gonna be your weak spots and in mowed lawns the clover tends to clump up leaving multi-colored lawn like mine!🙄
If you want turkeys and deer in your yard get a feeder
That threw me off too.

Yard- fescue

Food plot- clover

buckaroo

I have an apple orchard which is mostly my lawn, thinking of doing clover this fall, help the bees, and put nitrogen in soil, would'nt have to mow but every other week

Latest posts