Food Plots Few Seed Prices

Quailman

For those who are holding off for a better chance of rain and are still in the planning phase. Below are todays prices at our local Middle TN Co-op on a few common fall food plot seeds:

50lb. Winter Wheat $12.99
50lb. Cereal Rye $22.00
10lb. Crimson Clover $39.99
3lb. Crimsom Clover $16.99
Very surprised at the crimson clover price! I've bought 50 lbs in the last 2 weeks at my local Co-op for $1.85 lb. Same price as it's been for the last few years.

Wheat was a little higher at $13.50.

DoubleRidge

Very surprised at the crimson clover price! I've bought 50 lbs in the last 2 weeks at my local Co-op for $1.85 lb. Same price as it's been for the last few years.

Wheat was a little higher at $13.50.
When I called I asked if they had it by the pound or in smaller bags and he gave me the price for a 3lb and 10lb bag....but if buying a 50lb bag I guess you get a better price....makes sense.

@3lb = $5.66lb
@10lb = $3.99lb
@50lb = $1.85lb

When I go next week to pick up the winter wheat and cereal rye I'll ask and see if they have the crimson clover in a 50lb bag...much better deal...thanks for the heads up.

Quailman

When I called I asked if they had it by the pound or in smaller bags and he gave me the price for a 3lb and 10lb bag....but if buying a 50lb bag I guess you get a better price....makes sense.

@3lb = $5.66lb
@10lb = $3.99lb
@50lb = $1.85lb

When I go next week to pick up the winter wheat and cereal rye I'll ask and see if they have the crimson clover in a 50lb bag...much better deal...thanks for the heads up.
No problem! I actually asked what the price was and they quoted me $1.85. First time I bought it I got 30lbs, and next trip to Co-op I got 20 lbs. FYI it was the Franklin Co. store in Winchester.

DoubleRidge

No problem! I actually asked what the price was and they quoted me $1.85. First time I bought it I got 30lbs, and next trip to Co-op I got 20 lbs. FYI it was the Franklin Co. store in Winchester.
I bet the 3lb and 10lb bag they gave me a price for were "brand name" with a picture on the bag...I'll see if they have it loose by the pound.

Boll Weevil

I'm aerial seeding a 5 species mix on all my tillable ground this year and this was quoted last week:

Wheat $0.12/lb
Rye $0.43/lb
Clover $2.24/lb
Turnip $2.16/lb
Vetch $1.91/lb

Ya'll are paying way more than in my area...maybe because of volume?

Last edited:

Quailman

That's the best Co-op I've ever been to. Super clean place and great folks.
They renovated the Franklin County store several years back. Major overhaul to the whole facility and added a very nice storefront as well. They've always been very good to work with.

deerhunter10

They renovated the Franklin County store several years back. Major overhaul to the whole facility and added a very nice storefront as well. They've always been very good to work with.
As someone who has spent and still spends a ton of money with coop in Columbia and lewisburg, many farmers including us hate Columbia's coop. With that said as a deer hunter to them and Lewisburg and the general store in chapel hill has a great stock of stuff.

BSK

As someone who has spent and still spends a ton of money with coop in Columbia and lewisburg, many farmers including us hate Columbia's coop. With that said as a deer hunter to them and Lewisburg and the general store in chapel hill has a great stock of stuff.
Really? Why do farmers hate the Columbia Co-op (I'm speaking of the big new store)?

mr.big

I picked up 100 lbs winter wheat, 5 pounds red clover and 100 lbs 19-19-19 today for my spot I can see from the house. 91.45. $$$

Gonna sow it tomorrow and hope for the best.

deerhunter10

Really? Why do farmers hate the Columbia Co-op (I'm speaking of the big new store)?
The people that know anything are in the back usually have kids working the front, more of a Walmart now then a farm store. The majority of us go to lewisburg instead now even though technically the same (united) they picked up a lot of business.

BSK

The people that know anything are in the back usually have kids working the front, more of a Walmart now then a farm store. The majority of us go to lewisburg instead now even though technically the same (united) they picked up a lot of business.
How interesting.

TNlandowner

Benton, Carroll, and Henry County Co-ops didn't have the cheaper "bin-run" wheat or oats. We used Camden's Performance Seeds. The price was a little higher than those mentioned above, but we were able to get what we needed for our larger plots. My son got the "yellow bags" from Wally-world to put around his stands.

Wheat, oats, peas, purple top turnips, Crimson & white clover, Daikon radishes,

20230915_105933.jpg

DoubleRidge

Follow-up to seed proce conversation above. Picking up seed today but called first this morning to confirm prices and our local Co-op does not offer crimson clover seed by the pound....but they do have a 50lb bag in stock for $99.00...so 1.98 per pound....much better price per pound than the smaller 3lb and 10lb bags.

Latest posts