My 2016 deer season in review

catman529

I spent enough time one the video, I won't bother with writing too much here. Video link is at the bottom, but first here's a little info...

Deer 15
Bucks 3
Does 12
Private 6
Public 9
Bow 6
ML 2
Gun 7

-got my biggest buck to date
-got my smallest buck to date
-tagged out accidentally with another spike

-got my first with new rifle, .308 at 150 yd, also my longest kill to date

-made longest tracking job on a deer that was recovered, 500 yards or so

-Early season was very dry but productive for me. I hunted much less around acorns than usual, there was a surplus of chinkapin this year but I focused on green browse and stayed near water sources most of the time.

-The rut came and went, had 2 of the best days in a row as far as bucks and chasing go.

-Late season I mostly hunted off the ground, got too lazy to use the climber most days. Killed a few while stillhunting.

My biggest regret of the season was not taking a log of every trip. I have no idea how many times I hunted or how many deer I saw. I know it was a better than average year, but wish I knew some numbers to look back on.

Video is here, with all the highlights of the season plus some more footage I didn't upload before. I had tons of footage to work with, and kept it under 20 minutes.

http://youtu.be/8cg4zW369Wc

Thanks for looking and I hope y'all had a good season too. Now the wait for turkey season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere

Re: My 2016 deer season in review

Nice video Cat

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

fairchaser

Great compilation Cat. Some very nice bow kills too. I noticed that many dropped in their tracks. Is that intentional or just happens?

catman529

fairchaser":1lcw1hrq said:
Great compilation Cat. Some very nice bow kills too. I noticed that many dropped in their tracks. Is that intentional or just happens?
just happened that way. With a bow I will take a follow up shot just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts