Muzzy broadheads

A/M/G

100 gr 3 blade. I have killed several deer them. I shot one directly under my stand, entered between shoulder blade and spine, came out under front leg-in the armpit area, through the front leg and stuck in the ground. The exit wound under front leg was massive-I could stick my fist in it. I will say it was a large as any rage wound I have ever seen. I have never had a problem with a blood trail---since they normally fall in sight. Shot placement is the key as with any broadhead. I have heard people say a marginally shot deer was recovered with the rage. As of yet,I have not lost a deer with a muzzy (knock on wood) because I am sure of the shot before I make it. On a deer if it is marginal I do not take it. I did take a marginal shot on a turkey a couple of years ago, 40 yards dead turkey.

Rowdy

easlo said:
Every hunter uses what they believe to be the best for their bow set up. After 22 years of strictly bowhunting I've learned the obvious about broadheads.
1. SHARP!! So sharp they cut you by just looking at them.
2. SHOT PLACEMENT. All broad heads can and will kill deer.
Don't wanna burst any bubble here, but there will always be a case of the hunter being absolutely sure that the shot made was a good one, believe me, I've done it myself...[color:#3366FF]the truth is, if a deer is lost, it's because of a less than ideal shot, and not the fault of the broadhead.[/color]
The 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy has been my choice for a number of years.
I agree! ;)

Radar

easlo said:
Every hunter uses what they believe to be the best for their bow set up. After 22 years of strictly bowhunting I've learned the obvious about broadheads.
1. SHARP!! So sharp they cut you by just looking at them.
2. SHOT PLACEMENT. All broad heads can and will kill deer.
Don't wanna burst any bubble here, but there wll always be a case of the hunter being absolutely sure the shot made was a good one, believe me, I've done it myself...the truth is, if a deer is lost, it's because of a less than ideal shot made and not the broadhead.
The 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy has been my choice for a number of years.

Ditto , that would go for any brand of broadhead . Shot placement is everything . Muzzys are great heads out of a well tuned bow .

Viper (tp)

Well guys I have lost deer also, but when you get to annelizing what the problem was it always comes down to shot placement, how was he standing, quartering away or what.

Nothing takes the place of practicing, there are 2 things, shot placement and knowing when the time is rite to take the shot!

JDBinTN

I have 2 bows set-up. I will be using the regular 3 blade on primary bow and MX-3 on my backup both fly great, just starting of with regular heads based on past sucess on everything from deer to rabbits.

showmehorns

Used them for as long as I can remember and had excellent results, but after getting my Bowtech Admiral this year, I COULD NOT make them group well. All I can figure is that the speed of the new bow was fooling with them. Up until this year, my bows never shot over 280. This year at 312, my muzzy's were all over the place. Changed to Grim Reaper Mechs and my problem was resolved.

showmehorns

AlabamaSwamper said:
Properly tuned bows will shoot them like field points. When I say properly tuned, I should also include your arrows as well.

I'm not a believer. My bow was tuned to perfection, but WOULD NOT group my 100 gr muzzy's for nothing.

Otterman

showmehorns said:
AlabamaSwamper said:
Properly tuned bows will shoot them like field points. When I say properly tuned, I should also include your arrows as well.

I'm not a believer. My bow was tuned to perfection, but WOULD NOT group my 100 gr muzzy's for nothing.

I am!! They crushed the bulls eye out to 40yds straight out of the package. ;)

showmehorns

Otterman said:
showmehorns said:
AlabamaSwamper said:

I am!! They crushed the bulls eye out to 40yds straight out of the package. ;)

Wish mine would have. Loved the muzzy's, it's all i've used for years and years, but they wouldn't fly out of a perfectly tuned bow with correctly spined arrows at 312 fps. Two would fly great, then I'd get a runner. I'd go get the runner, shoot it and it would fly great that time. Next go around, it would be a different arrow. I think the speed greatly affects the arrow flight with that blade.