Fixed broadheads

tnanh

I have killed a lot of deer with the Bass Pro blackout 100 gr. With replaceable blades. They fly consistently close to field points and are inexpensive compared to others. I buy an extra set when on sale and practice with them when season gets close. Saying this the down side is blood trails are adequate but not great. I am still shooting them in my compound. I bought a crossbow this year also and bought some slick trick magnum 4 blades to try. They fly great out to 40 yards. I have not shot them beyond that. I also have not shot an animal with one so can not comment on quality of the blood trail.

Harold Money jr

I shoot 125gr magnus stingers and buzzcuts. The main reasons are they are very easy to tune and hit with my field points. I like That they penetrate very well and Leave good blood trails. I like the shorter blood trails as well due to the deer seemingly not knowing they are shot. I've had em go back to feeding and working a scrape before falling over. I like that I can resharpen very easily. Last but not least they have a lifetime warranty. No questions asked, just send back the broken, bent and bloody heads and they'll send new ones for however many you send in.

FLTENNHUNTER1

NAP Thunderhead 100 grain. Started shooting them with my first Hoyt bow back in the 80's. I still shoot Hoyt bows, Easton arrows, and thunderheads. Why you ask? They have killed everything I have shot with them. Dead.

tree_ghost

I shoot 125gr magnus stingers and buzzcuts. The main reasons are they are very easy to tune and hit with my field points. I like That they penetrate very well and Leave good blood trails. I like the shorter blood trails as well due to the deer seemingly not knowing they are shot. I've had em go back to feeding and working a scrape before falling over. I like that I can resharpen very easily. Last but not least they have a lifetime warranty. No questions asked, just send back the broken, bent and bloody heads and they'll send new ones for however many you send in.
Save yourself some heartache and go this route!

PickettSFHunter

I shot magnus stinger buzzcuts this year for 2 deer. I hand sharpened and stropped them for a razor sharp head. Overall, good performance I would say on deer but I did bend the tips slightly on both deer. They will replace but I don't want the hassle. May go to a stouter single bevel for next year.
Both were Pass through shots, with no bone except ribs. Maybe they blew through so fast they hit rock or something, I don't know. The deer literally act unhit with those hand stropped blades.

Latest posts