Muzzle Brakes..

megalomaniac

The only purpose for a brake is to be able to see bullet impact through the scope on a heavy recoiling rifle beyond 500 yards. And for that purpose, they are incredible. I wouldn't have any long range heavy recoiling gun without a brake. Likewise, I wouldn't have any short to medium range gun with a brake.

Tiny

ShaneHallum said:
I'm about to buy another gun, and I'll be honest. I got a little bit of a flinch on bigger bore guns. I thought about getting one with a muzzle brake on it. Is it really worth the extra noise for the reduced recoil?

ShaneHallum said:
ok fellers thats all I needed to know. I wanted to play with a .338mag but sounds like its not worth the trouble. I don't wanna have something that is so loud you can't shoot it.

I'll just get a flutted barrel without a muzzle break, on a lighter recoil gun.

First I to have a flinching problem and don;t care for heavy recoiling rifles.

I agree with all here on the brakes and there noise but they do work and no I don't have one nor do I wish to have.

There are however other ways to overcome "Flinching" even with heavy recoilers. and going to lighter caliber isn't on my list.

This works for me

Take a 22 to the range,shoot it before the big gun and while letting it cool off.

If by chance I don't take the 22 along ..in between groups snap a few on the recentaly fired empties.

Shoot as often as I can,Air rifles come in handy for that.

Use a milder load for practice or lighter weight bullet.

Play with and adjust the bags,rest,seats ect ect untill you find a comfortable set up.

BTW I have and do flinch at times with the air guns and 22's for a few rounds esp If I haven' shot in a while.

I have also learned that some so called heavey recoilers aren't as bad as some say or think they are,only way to know is to shoot a perticular combo.

No go get what you relly want.

Boone 58

Have never fell in love with the muzzle breaks and it seemed a few years back browning was putting them on everthing and now i dont see them much at all.....
no interest in owning them either.

Latest posts