Movement

C1295

How is the movement going right now? Haven't been able to get into the woods since the day before thanksgiving. Been working sun up to Sun down.... covered up. Hoping to get the chance to get out this Saturday morning.

LenS

I'm out of the country working so know how you feel. My trail cams are showing me hit and miss movement. And for all of December it has been either great or totally slow. One morning I will get blown up with photos the next will be dead. I'm flying home Wednesday so hoping to be out by the end of the week.

C1295

I'm out of the country working so know how you feel. My trail cams are showing me hit and miss movement. And for all of December it has been either great or totally slow. One morning I will get blown up with photos the next will be dead. I'm flying home Wednesday so hoping to be out by the end of the week.
Good luck brother, hope you get to get out there and get you one.

C1295

Could be the last sit I get this year so ill see how it goes! Hopefully Ill finally get a chance on one. My luck though ill probably end up having to work. 🤣

C1295

Been there once and seen more people than wildlife lol.
Last time I was there... there was a turkey roosted over a tree that hung over the road... and you would thought it was the most amazing thing.... people parking pulling over on top of each other about wrecking... cameras flying out.... that place is crazy... 🤣

knightrider

I need to kill a few. We usually kill 6-10 a year. Only been 2 killed here this year by my dad. I've killed a buck and doe but was at my other property.
1702308488975.png

I volunteer my services 😂

backyardtndeer

Kind of slow here, but seeing some. Saw a doe and fawn yesterday afternoon, shot a coyote, and the deer hung around until nearly dark. Went for a bit this morning and saw two does. Heard a buck grunt a few times down in a willow thicket a good while before seeing those this morning. I tried calling a few times, but never saw whoever was grunting.

killingtime 41

Last time I was there... there was a turkey roosted over a tree that hung over the road... and you would thought it was the most amazing thing.... people parking pulling over on top of each other about wrecking... cameras flying out.... that place is crazy... 🤣
Just imagine hundreds of thousands of unhuntable acres. I can see not being allowed right in the middle of the yuppies with cameras. But there's tons of acreage nobody steps foot on. Why are we not allowed to hunt it. Smokey mountain national park.

redblood

Going strong in middle. Here is the last 30 hours. Just a few of the mature pics and video i have gotten here at the farm since Sunday afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_8117.png
    IMG_8117.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8115.png
    IMG_8115.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8116.png
    IMG_8116.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8110.mov
    28.7 MB
  • IMG_8107.mov
    25.2 MB
  • IMG_8119.png
    IMG_8119.png
    295.4 KB · Views: 7

BSK

Any activity in Dickson County? Does anyone know when the peak rut usually is in November?
In Dickson, usually peaks mid-November. Second rut, mid-December.

I'm one county over (Humphreys). Peak chasing was around Nov 17-21. Last chasing Dec. 5/6. Pretty quiet after that until the last 24 hours. Oldest bucks out checking scrapes the 10th and 11th.