Morgan county 9pt

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
I'd definitely let him know. Especially since he ask for permission to look for it before just barging in on your property. I would call him and tell him you shot it and if he wanted a pic send it.

cecil30-30

I text him a pic of it for closure sake. He was amazed that it was just a superficial wound. Said he had alot of blood at first. He was using rage Trypan broadlead. I think it was a hard angled shot and the rage deflected.

gatodoc

Congrats on ur early success
1667757650238.png

Jack Reed

I got a call from a neighbor on oct 19th about this deer. He was wanting permission to look for it on my property. He had wounded it with his bow. He never did find it. Low and behold this morning right after day break I caught antlers making its way through the head high black berry patch in my over grown field. I knew right away it was the same deer. Shot him out of my shooting house at about 75 yds. Dropped in his tracks. It appears that he just grazed the deers back. Barely broke skin. Not very wide but pretty good mass and some real good brown tines. First deer out of my shooting house. Should I text him a pic of the deer and give him some closure? I would want to know but I don't want to act like I'm rubbing it in his nose.
Absolutely! We all have been there, wondering if I handicapped it or surface wound it. I would appreciate it.

agelessssone

I got a call from a neighbor on oct 19th about this deer. He was wanting permission to look for it on my property. He had wounded it with his bow. He never did find it. Low and behold this morning right after day break I caught antlers making its way through the head high black berry patch in my over grown field. I knew right away it was the same deer. Shot him out of my shooting house at about 75 yds. Dropped in his tracks. It appears that he just grazed the deers back. Barely broke skin. Not very wide but pretty good mass and some real good brown tines. First deer out of my shooting house. Should I text him a pic of the deer and give him some closure? I would want to know but I don't want to act like I'm rubbing it in his nose.
Not rubbing his nose in it, just give him relief that he didn't wound a deer and have it run off and die and get eaten by coyotes.
I shot a buck in WVa with an arrow on a Saturday, hit it high in the neck, didn't hit anything vital.
Searched for hours found nothing but a few drops of blood.
Rifle hunting following Monday, shot the same buck at 160 yds, got up to him and saw the wound on his neck. He acted like nothing bothered him.