Morgan county 9pt

Ed Cude

I got a call from a neighbor on oct 19th about this deer. He was wanting permission to look for it on my property. He had wounded it with his bow. He never did find it. Low and behold this morning right after day break I caught antlers making its way through the head high black berry patch in my over grown field. I knew right away it was the same deer. Shot him out of my shooting house at about 75 yds. Dropped in his tracks. It appears that he just grazed the deers back. Barely broke skin. Not very wide but pretty good mass and some real good brown tines. First deer out of my shooting house. Should I text him a pic of the deer and give him some closure? I would want to know but I don't want to act like I'm rubbing it in his nose.
Very nice buck

Joe2Kool

Congryon a nice buck!

And definitely him know. The worst feeling as a hunter is to wound an animal and not find it. Knowing the outcome brings closure.

Knothead

I definitely would let him know just for the simple fact that he would know he didn't waste a deer.
D07F8675-41BB-4020-8B9C-0C1639BFCE9A.jpeg

Dirtcop

Great buck. Congrats. Definitely inform the guy that u had recovered the buck. I'd want to know and he can take the news however he wants to.

JerryGee67

I got a call from a neighbor on oct 19th about this deer. He was wanting permission to look for it on my property. He had wounded it with his bow. He never did find it. Low and behold this morning right after day break I caught antlers making its way through the head high black berry patch in my over grown field. I knew right away it was the same deer. Shot him out of my shooting house at about 75 yds. Dropped in his tracks. It appears that he just grazed the deers back. Barely broke skin. Not very wide but pretty good mass and some real good brown tines. First deer out of my shooting house. Should I text him a pic of the deer and give him some closure? I would want to know but I don't want to act like I'm rubbing it in his nose.
Yes I would let my neighbor know for sure .

Latest posts