More useless information regarding bubba knife

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Don't know why I keep up with silly data but anyway.

I bought the bubba battery powered fillet knife and have seen the following.
The first battery cleaned 109 fish before dying.
The second battery cleaned 131 then the knife screwed up and wouldn't turn off.
Got a replacement knife from Bubba Blade.
First battery cleaned 150 fish.
Second one 159.

After 549 fish the blades have become rather dull and need to be replaced.
This is the 7" flex blade.

I have found that just before the battery dies I can tell a difference in the speed of the blades and the sound of the knife itself.
So there ya go. :D

Last edited:

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Never have tried to sharpen the blades on any electric, I wonder if it can be done......My old one was getting to the point of needing to replace the blades when it died, and the current I haven't had long enough.

Headhunter

dang. headhunter will be replacing those blades daily.
Nope, other going to my friends private place where we fillet a pile of bass, or cleaning bluegill, crappie and a few hybrids in the spring, my knife doesn't get used this time of year much at all. But I actually have been catching bass quite well on Priest. Best year for me in many years.

There have been some summers (I only bass fish for the most part in June and July anymore) recently that I did not even catch a bass that weighed 3 lbs the entire summer, much less one over 3 lbs. Actually had 2 summers I really never even found a school to speak of, I played more golf than I fished.

This year I have found several schools of bass, and found 5 schools that when they are there and catchable, that average between 3 and 4 lbs each and have caught several 4 to 5 lb bass and a few over 5. Lost one that I am sure was close to 8, I didn't get him in the boat, got off right at the boat.

Carried a friend one day last week and yesterday. I don't keep or eat bass unless they are 10 to 13" long, on Priest, that is not legal. 15" is length limit. My friend and his family love to eat fish. The 2 days we have went together, we have caught them really well (40 fish days between the both of us) and kept 10 bass that weighed a total of 33 lbs and 36 lbs on the 2 trips. We had a couple of fish over 4 each time but let them go. Depending on depth, catching them on several baits, but the best baits have been a Rapala DT 4, 6, 8 or 10 in "old school" color and a texas rigged worm. The schools are anywhere from 4 to 17 feet deep. One of the better schools is on a hump that is as shallow as 3 feet and they are the best at noon. Since the beginning of June I have went through 450 Producto lure shurhooker and vibrator worms, tequila sunrise, 6" and 8". Some of the better bass have been caught on 3/4 or 1 oz spinnerbait (I make my own spinnerbaits) with a #5 willow leaf golf blade.

The bass we kept for my friend, the bubba PRO cut through them like butter. The PRO version is night and day better than the regular Bubba cordless knife. Bass fishing is the best I have seen on Priest in many years, especially for quality bass. I have even caught a few (4 or 5) nice smallmouth, biggest was just under 4 lbs. After I got the bubba PRO, I cleaned a few hybrids and a good number of bluegill and the bass recently for my friend and the blades seem to be just fine. Both Bubba cordless knives I have came with 4 sets of blades, I do not like the stiff blades, I only use the flex blades, but they clean even a 10 lb hybrid in seconds. Well the Bubba PRO does, the regular Bubba cordless is not even close to the PRO version.

If you like to catch bass, I haven't seen it this good on Priest in many years and they are catchable, just have to find them. IMO, only a couple more weeks left and then it gets tough, at least it does for me. I will not be able to hardly even catch a bass, usually around the end of July or first of August I start wading creeks because I cannot hardly catch even one bass in Priest, much less find a school. Been that way for me since a friend showed me how to look for schools of bass on Priest back in 1989.

Headhunter

And there is the PRO opinion
The bubba PRO knife opinion. For sure not from a pro fisherman or even a good fisherman, I have way to many trips where I not only do I not catch a fish, I do not even get a "bite". I sometimes wonder if there are any fish in the lake even if I wore them out the previous trip. I really enjoy the days I go and it is "catching" and even more when someone goes with me, especially people who don't get to fish much or have not a lot of luck "catching" and they get to catch a bunch of fish and/or some good ones, but there is a reason why it is called fishing and NOT catching. My daughters fiance had never caught a bass in his life and we went several times before he caught one, but the day we found them he caught a bunch. It was funny though, biggest he caught was about 2 lbs, but he had a good one, 5 lbs or so throw the crankbait on the first jump and he was tore up the rest of the day about losing that fish. I enjoy others catching fish when I take them way more than myself catching them. I barely even fish when I carry my dad, he doesn't go very often anymore since he just turned 89, but the one day he went at the end of May, he caught a pile of bluegil and 17 bass with a couple of 3 pounders. I caught a couple but did not care to fish, enjoyed watching him and taking his fish off and keeping his bait or plastic worm good to go.
But I for sure spend a lot of time FISHING, way more than I do "catching".

Last edited:

WTM

The bubba PRO knife opinion. For sure not from a pro fisherman or even a good fisherman, I have way to many trips where I not only do I not catch a fish, I do not even get a "bite". I sometimes wonder if there are any fish in the lake even if I wore them out the previous trip. I really enjoy the days I go and it is "catching" and even more when someone goes with me, especially people who don't get to fish much or have not a lot of luck "catching" and they get to catch a bunch of fish and/or some good ones, but there is a reason why it is called fishing and NOT catching. My daughters fiance had never caught a bass in his life and we went several times before he caught one, but the day we found them he caught a bunch. It was funny though, biggest he caught was about 2 lbs, but he had a good one, 5 lbs or so throw the crankbait on the first jump and he was tore up the rest of the day about losing that fish. I enjoy others catching fish when I take them way more than myself catching them. I barely even fish when I carry my dad, he doesn't go very often anymore since he just turned 89, but the one day he went at the end of May, he caught a pile of bluegil and 17 bass with a couple of 3 pounders. I caught a couple but did not care to fish, enjoyed watching him and taking his fish off and keeping his bait or plastic worm good to go.
But I for sure spend a lot of time FISHING, way more than I do "catching".
you still my hero.

Latest posts