Bubba Knife review

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Used my knife for the first time Saturday.
I had two small bass, two bream and one crappie to clean.
Started with the bass, as they were really small and honestly the only reason I kept them was to practice. LOL

I used the 7" flex blade, the real skinny one.
Not bad at all but will take a bit of getting used to.
I like the handle on my Rapala because it is rather large. The bubba is even larger. ALMOST too big, but I think I will get used to it pretty quick.

The one thing I noticed is I am gonna have to keep the fish closer to the handle with this blade.
On the bream I noticed the flex actually raised the blade up away from the spine and I left some meat on the fish that I shouldn't have.
I can remedy this by moving the fish closer.
Gonna try the 7" stiff next time. I am thinking that will be closer to what I am used to with my Rapala.
Overall I really like it.

Also really liked not having to drag the extension cord out and put it back up for just 5 fish.
Gonna keep a tally on how many fish I clean and see exactly how long a charge lasts on the battery.

Anyway, just thought I would share.
I will update the next time I clean any with the other blade.

Mud Creek

Awesome! Most people that I talked with used them on crappie, bluegill, or walleye and say the flex takes getting use to but once you get the hang of it you will mow through crappie or gills with it. I can't wait to get one and mess with it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Awesome! Most people that I talked with used them on crappie, bluegill, or walleye and say the flex takes getting use to but once you get the hang of it you will mow through crappie or gills with it. I can't wait to get one and mess with it.
Oh it will cut, no doubt about that.

Union Co. Boy

Took me a while to get used to mine. I also used a classic style Rapala fillet knife until I bought my Bubba. I have issues with my hands nowadays, so the handle makes my life a bit easier. The blade can be a little tricky to get a proper filleting edge on, but seems to hold it well. Bought a polished (zero abrasive) sharpening steel and it just takes a few swipes to be back in the game. Wish I had bought one of these years ago. Meaning the knife and the steel.

Latest posts