More Meat For the Freezer

Mike Belt

Saw 1 deer this morning...a 129 3/8" 4.5 year old 8 pointer. I've let bigger walk this season and several the same size but for whatever reason I just felt like shooting him this morning. Felt good. He walked up point blank on my right side before I saw him and had me pinned down. I had to wait for him to walk around behind my tree and he started trotting away down through the timber. I had had him point blank and wide open and then was fixing to lose any shot opportunity at him so I grunted to stop him. He was going straight away and wouldn't turn giving me a broadside shot so I elected to spine shoot him. He dropped in his tracks. Pics to come once I remember how.

Columbia Scott

Dude, That's a huge 8 pointer. His chances of walking by me are between zero and Zero. This is a 129" 8 pointer we shot this year. A deer this big will never receive a pass in Tennessee unless we become the new Pike County Illinois.

BSK

Way to go Mike! Congrats!

I agree completely Columbia Scott. I can't imagine someone passing a near 130 8-pointer in TN.

Mike Belt

Ames has quite a few 130"-135" bucks running around. This year I've passed on 4 that size and 8 bucks in the 125"-128" range and this count is down from the past several years. I know they aren't going to get a lot bigger than that there but there are enough 140's also to keep my finger off the trigger. It still feels good to squeeze off on one occasionally.

redblood

Columbia Scott said:
Dude, That's a huge 8 pointer. His chances of walking by me are between zero and Zero. This is a 129" 8 pointer we shot this year. A deer this big will never receive a pass in Tennessee unless we become the new Pike County Illinois.

what month was that deer killed. saw one like him in the back of a truck at ocharlies in columbia last year round Christmas, maybe a few days before

Winchester

Congrats, and I can see passing a 130 ten point, but a 130 eight pt is a BIG 8 especially in TN!!!

Latest posts