MODEL 700 ALPHA 1?

Omega

Looks like they added a few expensive add-ons, but I don't know about this "New" Remington, they have to prove themselves all over again after all the issues they have had lately, and I can't see me paying those prices for one yet.
https://www.remarms.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-alpha-1

$1759.99 here, yea NO! I'd get a Bergara if I were ready to drop that kind of coin.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
They look like a fluted Bergara ridge for more money. Buy the bergara is what I would do.

BigCityBubba

The stock is an AG composite which go for around $650. The trigger is a timney elite hunter which is $170. Its also cerakoted. Thats $1000 if you were to pay retail to have that done to your 700. If you go to the remington website and compare the alpha to another rem 700 they will list the starting msrp. They state that the starting msrp is $1126. I don't know what addons there are that add it up to $1800.

1696541523987.png

Last edited:

Jcalder

The stock is an AG composite which go for around $650. The trigger is a timney elite hunter which is $170. Its also cerakoted. Thats $1000 if you were to pay retail to have that done to your 700. If you go to the remington website and compare the alpha to another rem 700 they will list the starting msrp. They state that the starting msrp is $1126. I don't know what addons there are that add it up to $1800.

View attachment 197911
Isn't that trigger adjustable to only 3.5 pounds. If so, they should have put a more adjustable trigger in it. Some of your cost is the cerakote and barrel threading. I agree with the stock, those are nice

TiminTN

There is a 308 listed on Gun broker for $1,499.00 starting bid. I watched a video and the bolt has feature of bayonet removal of firing pin. It looks like possibly BAT actions has their fingers all in this. says 7# 4 OZ

Last edited:

vonb

Other items that drive the cost up:
- Side bolt release
- Threaded barrel
- Fluted barrel
- Threaded bolt handle

It adds up.

TNRifleman

See if this looks similar. I've always said it is one of the best pure hunting rifles Bergara ever made but they stopped making it in 2019. Almost identical to this new Alpha. The AG stock alone is $650+ For that price, it better be a shooter though.

I have one of the original Bergara's and @david k. worked up some loads for me and it's a pretty decent lead slinger. 3 shots at 3/4" at 200 yards in a 7.5 lb rifle is about as good as I've got in me.

30-06.jpg

Last edited:

Jcalder

I bought the Model 70 Super Grade to test against a 700, 6 years ago and have never gotten around to that. 🙃

Also…. I see no reason for this to have a price tag nearly double that of a BDL or CDL. I don't want to spend that much.
Then don't. And most would agree, if you're gonna spend that much, it wouldn't be on a Remington. It's already been explained some of the cost difference. If that's not what you want or need it's not worth the extra coin to you.

Latest posts