Missouri

trtr0611

Has anyone hunted public ground in Missouri? Thinking about a bow hunting trip up there this fall.

sneakybow

I've hunted several of the public areas up there, saw deer on them all. Some below I70, most above it. Have had leases up in northern MO before as well. Gun season is a circus, archery season is much lower pressure

Methane

I'm just throwing this out there…archery hunting is not permitted during the firearms portion of deer hunting in MO.

trtr0611

I'm just throwing this out there…archery hunting is not permitted during the firearms portion of deer hunting in MO.
Yeah I wanted to hunt during archery only. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to check the season dates.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
thats a good thing to know... i can see someone getting clocked for that. Thanks for sharing.
You are more than welcome to hunt with a bow during the firearms portion, you just have to have a firearms tag. The best hunts I had were hunting an archery only area during firearms season. It put all the pressure other places.

sneakybow

I'm just throwing this out there…archery hunting is not permitted during the firearms portion of deer hunting in

You are more than welcome to hunt with a bow during the firearms portion, you just have to have a firearms tag. The best hunts I had were hunting an archery only area during firearms season. It put all the pressure other places.
Yep. If you are hunting public just find the archery only areas during the gun season and you'll most likely have it all to yourself. I've had some really great hunts in northern Missouri over the years.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
True, but the OOS firearm tag is an additional $265, or whatever it's gone up to now
If you are only going for a week hunt anyways, make it the week of rifle season. I would only buy a firearm tag and not an out of state archery tag.

Latest posts