Milton!

PalsPal

I really hope he overcomes his issues. With all of the transfer culture prevalent in today's game, it's hard not to pull for him.

So the question is how will Joe Milton play and how much has the month to prepare helped him. Milton has thrown the ball well in practice which is no surprise. He has practiced well since he's been here. It's about whether or not it translates into the game.

Milton has always had confidence. But he does seem much more comfortable now. You had to be impressed with the way he answered the question this week when asked if he was basically the placeholder to get through the bowl game before Nico takes over.

"I see myself as Tennessee's starting quarterback," Milton said. "I'm also just a football player that's trying to lead."

There are plenty on campus who have confidence in Milton and are anxious to see him play in Miami where he will have a lot of friends and family on hand.

Rabbitkil

I hope he has a breakout year like hooker did, you have to respect someone like him losing the starting job but still supporting the one that took the job from him and waiting his turn to try starting again growing as a player and teammate when he could have easily transferred and more than likely started at a ton of other schools.

THEdonkey0515

I hope he does well would love to see 60+ yard bombs all season. Still surprised the vols haven't gotten a trasfer QB in case Milton doesn't work out or injury. Looks like they have faith in Jackson being QB2

PalsPal

I hope he does well would love to see 60+ yard bombs all season. Still surprised the vols haven't gotten a trasfer QB in case Milton doesn't work out or injury. Looks like they have faith in Jackson being QB2

I saw somewhere that Heupel was waiting until after the bowl game. If Milton shows he can be the man, then they won't get go after a portal QB.

K-dub

I wish him the best but his track record so far says he can't be the guy for whatever reason. Hopefully he can fix it but I'm pretty sure Nico will be starting by the time we get to far into SEC play next year.

PillsburyDoughboy

I wish him the best but his track record so far says he can't be the guy for whatever reason. Hopefully he can fix it but I'm pretty sure Nico will be starting by the time we get to far into SEC play next year.
Finally someone with a voice of reason. Anyone counting on a silly arse bowl game to sort out a QB position is a darn fool. It will take delicate time and practice during the course of the season to evaluate the QB. I would imagine JH probably will have a better idea closer till the start of the season but may not make his mind up till week of opening .

Spurhunter

Finally someone with a voice of reason. Anyone counting on a silly arse bowl game to sort out a QB position is a darn fool. It will take delicate time and practice during the course of the season to evaluate the QB. I would imagine JH probably will have a better idea closer till the start of the season but may not make his mind up till week of opening .
Thank you Coach Goofball! Your expert opinions are always appreciated (for a laugh). Now get back in the film room. Saban needs your advice.

cbhunter

You want a cookie Billy? Good boy