Milton

7mm08

I see no way they win in the swamp.

Adams is a LSU fanboy that has based his dubious career on trying to antagonize the Vols family to get clicks. He is the poster child of a hack.

Fulmer wasn't cut out to be an AD. But, even at that, he was better than Hamilton and Curry. I more than got my ROI from his coaching for many years. He fell off at the end. The grown up Kiffin was probably a better coach. The Kiffin the Vols got wasn't ready for that job. But, Fulmer still would have been better than the next three clowns.

I love our current coach. But, he will be lucky to give my Vols a run like Coach Fulmer gave us. National Championships don't happen every day.
Chavis's defense saved Fulmer's pumpkin arse more times than not. Love watching the VOLS although not a grad. And let's not forget 3-4 teams that lost the last week of regular season that were ahead of TN in the polls, or Arkansas, or the last second FG at Syracuse, or, or, and yes NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS are special.

Adam's does love him some Tigers, but I still like it when someone is not afraid to be a Vol yes man in the media. He has survived for many years in a rather hostile city .

Bone Collector

Also had a couple of balls dropped that didn't help.
I didn't get to watch this one, but this has become a big problem. Dude struggles with accuracy and is under microscope with literally everyone dissecting everything he does. These WRs are out here making it harder on him by dropping balls that hit them in the hands. You have to help your QB out, especially when any errant throw counts as 10 errant throws in everyone's eyes.

Spurhunter

I didn't get to watch this one, but this has become a big problem. Dude struggles with accuracy and is under microscope with literally everyone dissecting everything he does. These WRs are out here making it harder on him by dropping balls that hit them in the hands. You have to help your QB out, especially when any errant throw counts as 10 errant throws in everyone's eyes.
Go watch it before you blame it on the WRs. I'm not saying they didn't have issues, but Milton was terrible in this game other than the passes to the flat to a receiver standing still. As I said before, I'm not bashing the guy. I want him to be a superstar, but the accuracy seems to come and go from game to game.

deerfanatic

He doesn't throw an easily catchable ball. Some of those could have been caught but his throwing style makes any pass not right on the money more difficult to catch than most other qb's

Iglow

I hope the Vols were sandbagging, if they weren't they can't win at Gainesville and if they lose there it could be one of those things were it goes bad in a hurry. If they win it can be a game where they get that confidence and start handing out azzwhippings in the sec.

SC Manimal

They win in Gainesville. Saturday was awful. Apart from Beasley, Wright, Small, and whatever the kickers name is EVERYONE sucked. Flarda looked alright this Saturday but UT will NOT lose to them. Good guys by double digits.

Displaced_Vol

IMG_2677.png

THEdonkey0515

Minimum four losses if he's the starter the rest of the year.

Some of the "drops" could have been caught, but they were still poor passes.

Lose next week, or if he's terrible in the first half, we need to give Nico a shot. Not sure if Heupel would do it or not.
Agree with this.

If UTs offense struggles they need to hand the keys to nico the next week against UTSA. I don't believe they will throw him in the fire against the gators in the swamp even with a bad first half.

volboy

Interesting stat considering all the noise about how bad Joe is

33% of Joe Milton's 21 incompletions on the year have been WR drops.

Turn those 7 drops into catches, Milton's stat line reads as follows:

• 49/63 (78%) 619 yds (min.), 8 total TD

the view on him would be DRASTICALLY different…. The WRs need to get their act together

Spurhunter

Interesting stat considering all the noise about how bad Joe is

33% of Joe Milton's 21 incompletions on the year have been WR drops.

Turn those 7 drops into catches, Milton's stat line reads as follows:

• 49/63 (78%) 619 yds (min.), 8 total TD

the view on him would be DRASTICALLY different…. The WRs need to get their act together
Once AGAIN, the numbers don't tell the story. 90+% of his completions are to the flat where a receiver is standing still facing him. Any team with a decent secondary will shut that down immediately when there's no threat of a pass going downfield. Moving receivers and throwing to a spot is killing him.

PalsPal

Most receivers will tell you that if it hits my hands, then I should catch it. At least that's what I said way back in 8th grade 😁.

However, Joe's velocity affects that on some throws.

On the other hand, his velocity is the same in practice, so there is no excuse. I don't think StickUm is legal anymore, but we could use some.

Hope we can complete some deep balls Saturday.

volboy

Most receivers will tell you that if it hits my hands, then I should catch it. At least that's what I said way back in 8th grade 😁.

However, Joe's velocity affects that on some throws.

On the other hand, his velocity is the same in practice, so there is no excuse. I don't think StickUm is legal anymore, but we could use some.

Hope we can complete some deep balls Saturday.
I was reading this somewhere and also a caller to Erik Ainge show mentioned this. But he said that the velocity shouldn't be an issue as they set the jugs machine to a slightly higher velocity than what Milton throws.

Latest posts