Milan Volunteer Training Area

Andy S.

I have talked to a few hunters who hunted last week with dismal deer sightings and an overall unfavorable "hunting" experience. Two different hunters scouted "all day" their scout day (9AM - 4PM), hunted another full day (day 1 of their hunt), threw in the towel, left early, drove home and went back to work. Keeping it in context, it's early season, full foliage woods, limited visibility, no agriculture (where they hunted), no acorns found, and temps were above normal. This is a snapshot in time and should not be construed as an overall assessment for the remainder of the hunts. Acorns and favorable temperatures could very well change the experience going forward.

Last edited:

DeerCamp

I have talked to a few hunters who hunted last week with dismal deer sightings and an overall unfavorable "hunting" experience. Two different hunters scouted "all day" their scout day (9AM - 4PM), hunted another full day (day 1 of their hunt), threw in the towel, left early, drove home and went back to work. Keeping it in context, it's early season, full foliage woods, limited visibility, no agriculture (where they hunted), no acorns found, and temps were above normal. This is a snapshot in time and should not be construed as an overall assessment for the remainder of the hunts. Acorns and favorable temperatures could very well change the experience going forward.
I hunted the sep 28-30th. Took a day to find the deer but saw my fair share in easy range, but no shooters. Not gonna shoot a doe when it's 91 degrees either.

Lots of coyotes and coyote sign.

I learned a bunch about the place. It was the most unique area I've ever hunted.

Latest posts