Migratory Bird license??

arctic_cat

I purchased my sportsman's licenses online for the first time ever and I added the migratory bird stamp which was free like normal but after paying and printed myself a copy I noticed the valid dates for the bird stamp ends 6/30/2022. What did I do wrong and will I have to go in and print/purchase a bird stamp again after this date? My sportsman's part shows valid for year to date but not the bird stamp.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I was told that this is correct when I called the Region 1 office about it. We have to remember to go back and repurchase on July 1 if we intend to dove/duck hunt this fall. I was told it would not cost us anything to get it if we had purchased the annual sportsmans license.

rstodd

I purchased my sportsman's licenses online for the first time ever and I added the migratory bird stamp which was free like normal but after paying and printed myself a copy I noticed the valid dates for the bird stamp ends 6/30/2022. What did I do wrong and will I have to go in and print/purchase a bird stamp again after this date? My sportsman's part shows valid for year to date but not the bird stamp.
I was about to ask the same question.

scn

This begs the question: does the $1 migratory bird stamp also expire on the same date listed above?
There isn't a migratory bird stamp with the exception of the federal duck stamp. In Tn's license system, It is a type 006 or 007 Migratory Bird Permit.

The OO6 costs $2.00. The 007 is free to Sportsmen License holders.

Last edited:

scn

They are the same permit. Just difference in costs. The 007 is free to Sportsman License holders due to the way that license is set up.

If you don't have a sportsman's license, you need the type 006 to hunt migratory birds. It costs $2.00 to cover the cost of the transaction fees with the vendor and the licensing system.

Omega

They are the same permit. Just difference in costs. The 007 is free to Sportsman License holders due to the way that license is set up.

If you don't have a sportsman's license, you need the type 006 to hunt migratory birds. It costs $2.00 to cover the cost of the transaction fees with the vendor and the licensing system.
Apply to the vet sportsman, or is that another difference between the licenses?

Omega

Check with TWRA license div.

I think the 007 is only for the Annual Sportsman License.
Gotcha, I'll give them a call. Last I asked they had said it included everything except permits, but didn't ask about the migratory bird part.

Biggun4214

Once upon a time permanent license we're exempt from the migratory bird permit ( Lifetime license, permanent Senior Citizen, etc).

swd

I had not noticed this. Thanks for the heads up! I have added a reminder in my calendar and will be sure to remind my buddies as well.

Latest posts