Mid Day,Hot Temps.......plenty of deer

Football Hunter

Been seeing a lot of deer the last few days,at mid day!Seems like this happens every year somewhere around this time.Think it was Wednesday,REALLY HOT! Field was full of deer,right around noon.Dont know if its a moon phase thing or what?

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

MattR

Yea there is another person posting about seeing a lot in east tn. So.... BSK may be right... I know it is hard to believe, but yea

Diehard Hunter

MattR said:
Yea there is another person posting about seeing a lot in east tn. So.... BSK may be right... I know it is hard to believe, but yea

Actually, it is very well documented for many species. Parasite avoidance affects habitat selection and behavior when the parasite population is high.

Mr.Bro

Last year on one of those 104-105 days i saw 10 deer in 3 differnt groups in the middle of the day in the fields.They live in it all year.Heat doesnt bother them.As BSK said.I believe its the insects in the woods that bothers them.

MattR

Yea I was reading something that said the mosquitoes are very heavy in poplulation right now because of the high heat and amount of rain.

TENN.BOY

On our lease up north there are some young clear cuts about waist high and a lot of deer are seen standing in them at mid day in 90+degree temps,and I have heard that's why,and thats to keep to insects of them