Michigan and signal stealing

deerfanatic

Not saying I subscribe to this theory about Michigan but they did scout out potential playoff matches and they hadn't played Ohio state end of year yet so they didn't know if they'd win it or not. They did have a confirmed a scout at Tennessee, bama and Clemons one games. Any of those teams losing would lock up a playoff spot in case of a Michigan loss to Ohio state and Beamer has a history of cheating…..

Attachments

• 2E2511A9-9234-45F8-8A6A-07C682A1796D.jpeg
    2E2511A9-9234-45F8-8A6A-07C682A1796D.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 74567FC3-095F-4205-B7D4-FE54AEA33CED.jpeg
    74567FC3-095F-4205-B7D4-FE54AEA33CED.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 29

BMan

Not seeing a problem here.

Appears to be good intelligence collection, analysis and dissemination.

PillsburyDoughboy

Not seeing a problem here.

Appears to be good intelligence collection, analysis and dissemination.
Exactly where I was going when I posted this the first time.

When you are on top (and they are #2 in the polls ) and by all counts they are playing better football than Ranked #1 Georgia IMHO Someone is always taking shots at you and saying this and that about you.

All teams attempt to steal signs, read lips and steal signals when and if they get the opportunity. Its no big secret. Its why EVERY coach in the NCAA and NFL go to such great length to hide their mouths when speaking and work hard at coming with creative ways to cover the sidelines signals.

Quite frankly if your house is in such a disorder that you allow your signals to get stolen...you deserve it. Do better

deerfanatic

I don't so much buy into the theory that they shared any info with any other team to help their own team but it is illegal to use electronic recording devices to steal signals and they have pretty much been caught doing it. You may be ok with it but that doesn't change the fact it's illegal and the ncaa isn't ok with it. Imagine knowing pre snap exactly what side a blitz is coming from or if a defense is in a soft zone and not rushing the qb. It's a decided advantage. On the off chance they did share info gleaned to pave the way for their team to make it and knock out other contenders that's basically passing cards under a table. I'm a little surprised some are ok with that….the simple solution to me is radios in all helmets but then you'll have people trying to listen in and steal that too so…

BMan

I don't so much buy into the theory that they shared any info with any other team to help their own team but it is illegal to use electronic recording devices to steal signals and they have pretty much been caught doing it.

No different than game films, IMO. If a team doesn't take steps to protect its signals, it's not the other teams' responsibility to protect them.

deerfanatic

No different than game films, IMO. If a team doesn't take steps to protect its signals, it's not the other teams' responsibility to protect them.
You can legally use game film. It's illegal to scout a team in season with an in person representative and especially with a recording device. It is different by the ncaa laws. You can record espns televised event of it and get why you want from that. That's true but you won't get near the info you do by recording the signal guy and next play on every single play and focusing on that. I am not surprised teams did it and I'd bet 75% are doing it with having people do it with iPhones but Michigan was really brazen about it.

PillsburyDoughboy

Bman gets it. I am sure teams have people that pour over game films looking for this. And Every team makes changes week to week to some degree to put a monkey wrench in the works.

Even Josh Heupel gets it. He is on record saying

"Really just heard of that a little while ago that had happened. It's obviously something for us, offense, defense, special teams, that every team in the country, you try to hide your signals, at times change them up and make sure nobody is getting a beat on you," said ut coach Josh Heupel.

BMan

You can legally use game film. It's illegal to scout a team in season with an in person representative and especially with a recording device. It is different by the ncaa laws. You can record espns televised event of it and get why you want from that. That's true but you won't get near the info you do by recording the signal guy and next play on every single play and focusing on that. I am not surprised teams did it and I'd bet 75% are doing it with having people do it with iPhones but Michigan was really brazen about it.

There is a lot more game film out there than is televised. I say again, if a team won't protect its signals, don't expect others to protect it on their behalf.

Good intel op; congrats to Michigan.

deerfanatic

Bman gets it. I am sure teams have people that pour over game films looking for this. And Every team makes changes week to week to some degree to put a monkey wrench in the works.

"Really just heard of that a little while ago that had happened. It's obviously something for us, offense, defense, special teams, that every team in the country, you try to hide your signals, at times change them up and make sure nobody is getting a beat on you," said ut coach Josh Heupel.
It's not even about them stealing signals but more about the intrigue that some think they possibly could have gave other teams info and help to help their own cause and again illegal is illegal. Some of ya'll don't think it's a big deal. I get it but sec shorts and all the national media sure seem to. Bet if it gets proven true and harbaugh gets tied to it much they might just decide to make an example out of him. I do think every team does it but I don't think many of any they did it to Michigan's level. That's what's gonna get them. Teams do protect their signals btw. That's why you see them putting stuff around their signal guys.

deerfanatic

You don't much about Josh heupel if you expected any kind of response about this from lol. Look he can have a guy with a shredded knee and as long as no one else knows he's gonna always say they are hopeful he will be able to go next game. He's not gonna touch this subject other than to say he just heard about a few moments ago.

deerfanatic

33CBB959-327E-43D5-BA74-6417D67CB864.jpeg

Maybe Danny Kanell doesn't get it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

PalsPal

Well, looks like we know what happened to the Vols in the Carolina game last year. Internet rumors are wildly circulating that MI didn't want to face the Vols in the playoffs, so they stole our signals and gave them to Beamer the week prior to the game.

Glad that has been put to rest.

It does leave one to ponder how that helped Ratler have the game of his life or how come it didn't help the Gamecocks this year? Oh well, minor technicalities.

PillsburyDoughboy

Well, looks like we know what happened to the Vols in the Carolina game last year. Internet rumors are wildly circulating that MI didn't want to face the Vols in the playoffs, so they stole our signals and gave them to Beamer the week prior to the game.

It does leave one to ponder how that helped Ratler have the game of his life or how come it didn't help the Gamecocks this year? Oh well, minor technicalities.
Laughable

Displaced_Vol

Rumors are wild in this one-

Confirmed that UM staffer was at UK/UT game & also a Clemson game.
Rumored They gave UT & Clemson signals to USCjr. On an unrelated note USC jr had its two best games in the Shane Beamer era against UT & Clemson last year. Not by a little, but by a lot. Also and wildly rumored that entire USC jr defense only wore wrist bands in 2 games last year…anybody want to guess which 2?
Also unrelated but Mayonnaise boy has been fined before for taking info illegally from a Wake Forest staffer.
Back to the rumors- TCU got tipped off that that UM had stolen their signals and installed new ones but also kept the old signals to use as dummy signs in their CFP game.

If you can pick up a sign in game or from the all 22 tape, great. If you send a staffer to record and then dissect signals ahead of a game to allow you, or someone else for your benefit, to game plan well in advance based on those signals, then I believe we've entered a different conversation.

To be clear I have no idea if any of this is true but it's certainly an entertaining conspiracy theory. If it is true I don't know what the hell would ever come of it (except for Michigan) but I would feel better about things knowing the little cocks cheated. And I would owe Tim Banks an apology for some things I said on the internet after that game last year lol.

PillsburyDoughboy

Rumors are wild in this one-

Confirmed that UM staffer was at UK/UT game & also a Clemson game.
Rumored They gave UT & Clemson signals to USCjr. On an unrelated note USC jr had its two best games in the Shane Beamer era against UT & Clemson last year. Not by a little, but by a lot. Also and wildly rumored that entire USC jr defense only wore wrist bands in 2 games last year…anybody want to guess which 2?
Also unrelated but Mayonnaise boy has been fined before for taking info illegally from a Wake Forest staffer.
Back to the rumors- TCU got tipped off that that UM had stolen their signals and installed new ones but also kept the old signals to use as dummy signs in their CFP game.

If you can pick up a sign in game or from the all 22 tape, great. If you send a staffer to record and then dissect signals ahead of a game to allow you, or someone else for your benefit, to game plan well in advance based on those signals, then I believe we've entered a different conversation.

To be clear I have no idea if any of this is true but it's certainly an entertaining conspiracy theory. If it is true I don't know what the hell would ever come of it (except for Michigan) but I would feel better about things knowing the little cocks cheated. And I would owe Tim Banks an apology for some things I said on the internet after that game last year lol.

This is rich..

Yall got out coached and outplayed.

Everytime yall get whipped yall have to cry that someone cheated you. The refs cheated you. Now it's Eye Spy . Fully expect yall to Get Columbo on the case next to get to the bottom of this.

Hilarious

PillsburyDoughboy

I'll let LAne Kiffin mansplain it to you.

With the vols uptempo offense the whole signal stealing scenario against the vols holds ZERO water. NONE.

There simply is not enough time for SC or Beamer to make the adjustments. But nice whine boys.

prstide

Why would Michigan tell what they had been doing by giving such detailed intel to any other team and risk having the whistle blown on themselves?
Wouldn't they have just kept them for their own use, had UT been able to finish the year and actually make the playoff, so they would've had an easy out in the semifinal game?
This theory makes absolutely zero sense to me and seems like a wild internet rumor to try and make UT fans feel better about being badly beaten by SC.

Latest posts