Meat thermometer

Jcalder

I need a meat thermometer. Preferably Bluetooth with an app that I can just put in and get to cooking or smoking. What are you guys using? I have a pit box with a probe but the app is junk. Would rather bypass that if possible.

Omega

I got this one, not BT though, but the remote is pretty good. It monitors the grill temp and internal temp.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

mike243

They also make a wifi unit but I'm too cheap lol . I have had mine for 2 years trouble free, have smoked 22 hours and battery was still going strong

backyardtndeer

I mainly use the meat thermometer that is built into my masterbuilt, but I do have a "wireless" unit that works similar to what Omega posted. It works pretty well, convenient to not have to open the smoker door. Got it from Walmart, it is a char broil brand.

MGH

1688868501413.png

TAFKAP

I need a meat thermometer. Preferably Bluetooth with an app that I can just put in and get to cooking or smoking. What are you guys using? I have a pit box with a probe but the app is junk. Would rather bypass that if possible.

I got a Thermo Pro "Temp Spike" at BBQ Fest a few months ago, and it's been flawless. I used it for the porchetta I cooked at Italian Fest, and was really impressed with its range. I've used it a number of times at my house (monkfish, steak, roasts), and its been very simple to learn and perfect to use. Easy to clean, easy to charge, very shallow learning curve, etc. ThermoPro is a very reputable brand.

TAFKAP

My Spike app shows a countdown to target temp, which really came in handy last night. I was also able to monitor the post-cooking rest temperature and pull the meat to slice at the right time.