Meat grinder

Buzzard Breath

I guess I'm the odd man here. I use an LEM #32 hand crank. I semi-freeze the meat, but completely freeze the grinder between uses. It cuts through meat like butter and just how hard is it to grind up scraps on 3 deer a year. I don't see me ever buying an electric grinder again. This thing will last longer than I do anyways.

JimFromTN

MickThompson":12flj07x said:
It's been good to me so far but I only have 1 season on it. No idea what the long term durability will be but I couldn't swing $200-$300 for one. Plus I don't care for the idea of setting up and tearing down a 40 pound appliance every time I kill a deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 pounds? Thats a wee grinder. Mine weighs 70 pounds. Its a 1 hp chinese grinder I got off of ebay for $250 about 15 years ago. Still going strong. I have processed both deer and wild boar with it. I purchased a cheap electric grinder for $100 from bass pro before that because hand grinding was a pain. It lasted about 3 years before crumbling to pieces. The real advantage of a 70 lb grinder is that no one wants to borrow it which is what ultimately killed my previous grinder. Of course none of my friends wanted to go in with me on a new grinder since I was so kind to provide them with a free one before. They tried borrowing the new one but decided to pay someone to process their deer rather than hauling mine around. Its worked out really well for me.

I highly recommend getting the most powerful grinder you can afford. With my 1 hp grinder, you don't have to trim the meat or freeze the meat. It can blow thru 20lbs of untrimmed meat in about 5 minutes or less.

Latest posts