Mauser ?

Tiny

I picked up a 98 spoterlized military recently,whomever did it did good n maybe too good.
I need a little assist.

It has no marks on it as to who made it. All numbers do match. still 8x57 n stepped barrel. Bolt polished n turned handle n drilled for scope. Very good blueing job n stock. K4 Weaver on it.

I have striped down to check over BTW.

Only mark I can find is what I would describe as similar to the Medical symbol. It's on the Bolt,Trigger,n reciever left side with 7.92 Caliber on the ring of action. Dosent have 98 On it anywhere.
And was built in 43 by the bottom metal.

Any help apprectied.

Intend to at some point rebarrel n fix a itch of mine.

Jcalder

You can measure the front ring on the receiver and the bottom metal screw spacing. That'll tell you if it's large ring or small ring. I can't tell you how to differentiate the different models of a large ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimFromTN

Without a picture of the image, there is no way to tell who made it or what its worth. If you are only concerned because you want to know if the action can handle whatever you re-barrel it to then you really want a large ring Mauser. You can re-barrel a small ring Mauser but your caliber choices are limited allot more than the large ring because they can't handle the pressures that the large ring can handle.

39988212371_a49d6f55d1_m.jpg

Tiny

Thanks to you both.
I do know it's a Large Ring n a 98.
I was hopeing some of the ol gang might be to point on a Non Marked Action.
It Dosent have zip on it anywhere as to arsenal letter code stamping Ger. or K 98 anywhere as they normally do.
The only mark I have found as mentioned above in my post. Is more a clover ( Diamond leaf) n inside a circle it appears.
Action left is stamp with serial # as is other parts as expected. On the Ring left is the above symbol then
7.92 Caliber (Cursive) n what appears 2 squares with a flag or P in each.
Barrel under side has another # besides the serial #.
If not for the stepped barrel I n cutout for stripper clips would think some commercial,but those to are marked as far as I know.

My book Dosent show zip on these n some on line seaerches have came up blank as well so far.
1 possible hit is J P Sauer found that there's weren't marked in 43 on line.

Will keep digging though n Yes If n When A Rebarrel comes it will be Rockwell tested been down that road with my Uncle.

Working on cleaning the barrel n checking it out.an will get it checked to see still 8x57 n not rechambered to 8mm/06 Which many were. or something else.. Looks good so far..

I do know whomever did the work on this one did good real good. Stock fit is very good on it.
I Do wonder why they put a Williams front ramp on it but no rear at all.

I would post pics but have forgot how LOL.

Back to tinkering. God Bless All

Tiny

Still Tinkering with it,got my Uncle replacing the butt pad. Checked it still 8x57. Gonna get it back together n fire a few rounds through it. N Go from there. For now anyways.

Jcalder

If you decide to rebarrel and need an action wrench I have one I'd make a fair deal on. Good luck with. Wish mine was a 98. It's a 93 I believe. Only markings is G670. And I think the floor plate says 30-06, although I'm not 100% on that even though a 30-06 will not fit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts