Lowrance vs Hummingbird vs Garmin

WTM

Bone Collector":31cd80ba said:
Not to hijack, but I have an Alumiweld or Alumicraft boat or at least one that is all aluminum (I think that is the brand). It is a duck boat, that I use for hunting, but I have added a trolling motor. It used to have a cheapo Humingbird, but the transducer broke off. I want to put fish finders on it. Really just up front.

Being the boat is aluminum and I have never done it, should I install myself or bite the bullet and let someone do it? If so, is there someone close to Murfreesboro, that will do this type of stuff.

if you are handy with tools should be no problem. you can either install on the motor housing or on a daducer stick. make sure you dont run it off the TM battery. for TM install i like to mount the xducer on a transducer shield and saver bracket or something similar to protect if you hit bottom. it wouldnt be required on a stick. depending on which TM you have will depend on how you run the xducer lead up the shaft.

Spurhunter

Bone Collector":is1je5ta said:
Being the boat is aluminum and I have never done it, should I install myself or bite the bullet and let someone do it? If so, is there someone close to Murfreesboro, that will do this type of stuff.

If you own basic tools and have ever worked on anything, do it yourself. It's easy. Especially a front unit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TNReb

KyRick":30c81kzm said:
If you have or intend on getting a MK Ultrex I would go with the Bird. They interact with the Ultex where the others do not. With that said I have Lowrance, and have since added the Ultrex and now wish I had at least one Bird.

I love my Ultrex, but the only feature I really use is the spotlock. I could care less about following contours or picking a point on the graph to troll to. The spotlock doesn't require a Humminbird.

When we went to Chick last weekend in my neighbors boat (with his Solix units), I was reminded just how good the Mega side imaging is. The Lowrance just doesn't match it. However, the software on the unit was still slow and I quickly remembered why I ditched mine.

WTM

TNReb":1g8y3s0j said:
KyRick":1g8y3s0j said:
If you have or intend on getting a MK Ultrex I would go with the Bird. They interact with the Ultex where the others do not. With that said I have Lowrance, and have since added the Ultrex and now wish I had at least one Bird.

I love my Ultrex, but the only feature I really use is the spotlock. I could care less about following contours or picking a point on the graph to troll to. The spotlock doesn't require a Humminbird.

When we went to Chick last weekend in my neighbors boat (with his Solix units), I was reminded just how good the Mega side imaging is. The Lowrance just doesn't match it. However, the software on the unit was still slow and I quickly remembered why I ditched mine.

in the end result, do you see and catch any less fish with the carbons that you did with the solix?

Latest posts