Looking For The Walleye

Lt.Dan

I moved to East Tennessee 23 years ago. I've been fishing Chickamauga Lake and below it's dam but have never caught a Walleye, much less been able to patternthem. Being from the North that is my most sought after and favorite fish to catch. Nowadays I usually just go after catfish for the fun of catching big fish. I have a 28' Pontoon boat that gets me around. And it's moored at Shady Grove Harbor Marina.

Here's my question:
Does anyone fish regularly for the 'eyes? A point in the right direction would be appreciated. I do know that they are in the water, so we can eliminate that general location 😃

Hduke86

I've fished my whole life on Chickamauga from Dayton to below Chick Dam. I've only really seen maybe a handful in all my years caught in that area. I would assume (which probably is wrong) you need to head further north on the river system. I had a buddy catch ONE this year while crappie fishing out of possum creek but I think it was lost. You'll probably be better off trailering your boat somewhere if possible.

Lt.Dan

I've fished my whole life on Chickamauga from Dayton to below Chick Dam. I've only really seen maybe a handful in all my years caught in that area. I would assume (which probably is wrong) you need to head further north on the river system. I had a buddy catch ONE this year while crappie fishing out of possum creek but I think it was lost. You'll probably be better off trailering your boat somewhere if possible.
Thanks for the tip. I've heard some things about the tailwaters of Watts Bar and Nickajack. I've fished countless times below Chickamauga and never caught Walleye.

DaveTN

Lt.Dan

Thanks for that info. I've sent in for a guided trip!

bds240

Caught this one Thursday in 2 fow on the Hiwassee bass fishing. First one I've ever caught, it ended up in the frying pan. It was delicious, definitely makes me want to learn how to catch them.
IMG_2174.jpeg

Last edited:

agelessssone

I moved to East Tennessee 23 years ago. I've been fishing Chickamauga Lake and below it's dam but have never caught a Walleye, much less been able to patternthem. Being from the North that is my most sought after and favorite fish to catch. Nowadays I usually just go after catfish for the fun of catching big fish. I have a 28' Pontoon boat that gets me around. And it's moored at Shady Grove Harbor Marina.

Here's my question:
Does anyone fish regularly for the 'eyes? A point in the right direction would be appreciated. I do know that they are in the water, so we can eliminate that general location 😃
Scenic City Fishing Charters, Scott Lillie.
Book a trip with him and you will learn all his techniques.
Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable, will save you many hours of frustration trying to learn the where, how, and what to use.
(607) 765-1973

Lt.Dan

Scenic City Fishing Charters, Scott Lillie.
Book a trip with him and you will learn all his techniques.
Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable, will save you many hours of frustration trying to learn the where, how, and what to use.
(607) 765-1973
Thanks. I booked a December trip with him this morning. Earliest he had 😆 which gives me a good feeling.

M T Pockets 000

My dad and my uncle's
taught me to use June bug spinners and nightcrawlers rigged on a swivel. Trolled along the banks on Norris lake around Black Fox. This rig/setup has worked well for me in different areas of Norris lake.

Last edited:

Latest posts