Looking for Barnes Expander Tipped 20 gauge Sluga

Dennis

I believe you are talking about the Federal load?

As far as I know, that load is not made any more, since Remington acquired Barnes. Once Remington acquired Barnes, Federal stopped using Barnes for their copper slugs. (Because Remington and Federal are competitors)

Federal instead now makes a similar load called the trophy copper, where they use a copper slug that isn't made by Barnes.

deerfever

How do the Federals group?
I shoot the Federal trophy copper 3 inch out of my savage 220, they are extremely accurate at100 almost forget your shooting a shotgun, I also have the Barnes Vor TX , they shoot virtually the same. My son uses the Remington accutips, you can't go wrong with any of the three. All three are great!

Livin2hunt

I shoot them in a savage 220 and an encore slug. Both guns hold touching bullets out to around 125 yards. Out to 200 2" to 2 1/2" groups. I changed to these when Barnes dropped out and I haven't seen a difference between the two honestly. The coppers petal perfectly. Dug this out of a illinois bruiser last year.

Attachments

• 20230924_205630.jpg
    20230924_205630.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 26

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Go with the trophy copper. They shoot as good as the accutips from my 220 and the performance on deer is much better. Midway is showing them in stock, but I ordered a bunch directly from federal early this year.

Latest posts