Barnes Vor tx expander 20 gauge slug

deerfever

Anybody shoot these? I walked in a store just now and they had them is stock so I bought some. They remind of the the old Federal Barnes expanders that I used to shoot out of my savage 220. I just hope that are as accurate and lethal as the Federal was. I have not seen 20 gauge sabot slugs anywhere and at first the guy told me no, then he says wait a minute I got some in today! I hope I made a good purchase.

Kyboy

Anybody shoot these? I walked in a store just now and they had them is stock so I bought some. They remind of the the old Federal Barnes expanders that I used to shoot out of my savage 220. I just hope that are as accurate and lethal as the Federal was. I have not seen 20 gauge sabot slugs anywhere and at first the guy told me no, then he says wait a minute I got some in today! I hope I made a good purchase.
They're the same as the federal and Remington barnes, I loved the Remington shot great out of my 220. I have never had a deer run when shooting them, should be a great purchase I know I would like to find some.

deerfever

They're the same as the federal and Remington barnes, I loved the Remington shot great out of my 220. I have never had a deer run when shooting them, should be a great purchase I know I would like to find some.
That is what I was hoping! I had never seen them before but was hoping they would be similar to the old Federal Barnes expanders. I think they are fairly new from what I have read. I will shoot them out of my 220 first chance I get and see how close they shoot with the Federal trophy copper I am shooting. If close I may just dial in and switch to these if they are accurate. I am about out of the Federal and got plenty of these when I had the chance.

Kyboy

That is what I was hoping! I had never seen them before but was hoping they would be similar to the old Federal Barnes expanders. I think they are fairly new from what I have read. I will shoot them out of my 220 first chance I get and see how close they shoot with the Federal trophy copper I am shooting. If close I may just dial in and switch to these if they are accurate. I am about out of the Federal and got plenty of these when I had the chance.
I just got the federal copper. Bought 10 boxes from federal so far so good, I have shot them out to 300 yards at a 6in steel target and rang it.

deerfever

I just got the federal copper. Bought 10 boxes from federal so far so good, I have shot them out to 300 yards at a 6in steel target and rang it.
Those are good slugs! I just can't find them anywhere. I had no clue Federal had them direct. I had checked several times and gave up on them. They shoot great as I have shot them with really good accuracy out to 100 yards. I have killed some good deer with them and the old Federal Barnes expanders. I could use either of them when I first switched and stack shots at 100 yards out of my 220. I am hoping these Barnes are similar and shoot about the same.

Jbird22

I would also love to find some in 3" 20 ga. I'm sure they're the same as the previous Remington Expanders.

deerfever

I shot this evening and the Barnes hold true to aim and at 50 yards they cut each other out of the Savage 220. I had to adjust just a little at 100, I am very picky and wanted to hit a small orange dot probably intended for center fire . I believe I will hunt with them , I want to see what you think on the 3 that I found.

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_191555059.jpg
    IMG_20211025_191555059.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 166

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I wish I could find some. I do not like the performance of the accutips on deer. The Remington expanders worked great, I'm sure these are similar.

Last edited: