Looking for a rifle

rem270

Looking for a rifle for my little brother in law. I got him into hunting 3 years ago and always let him shoot my gun. Now me and the wife are kicking around the idea of getting him his own for his birthday in january. I really want to get him a 270 but will definately be interested in any other cal like 30-06,308,300. Hes 15 so and a big boy so he can handle any of them cal's. Wanting to stay in the 200-250 range. If anybody has one they want to sale shoot me a pm. Thanks.

Mods please do not delete this, i know its not in the classifieds on the home page but im just trying to find a gun quick to make this boy happy.

ratsnakeboogy

You can probably pick up a new Marlin XL7 for close to that, or a Stevens 200. I like the Marlin better, it has the ACCU-trigger, or their version of it anyway. It will be hard to find a Remington 700 at that price, but you might luck up on a very used one.

Pretty much any other Bolt action is going to start at about $400 plus even used.

Mossberg made a good bolt gun at one time, Wal-mart clearanced most of them, but you may find one somewhere.

Wish you luck!

Don

rem270

I like the Marlin better myself too and have found one im looking at. also going to look for a good used H&R single shot for a good price. i would rather get a bolt action for him but im not going to be to picky.

FULLDRAWXX75

The H&R is a nice starter gun, heck nice little gun altogether for the price.

I am a firm believer there would be a lot more better shooting hunters in the field if everyone started out with a single shot weapon.

Quit frankly, how many times have most of you had to use a follow up shot??? If so, think about why??

One shot, one kill..................you make it count.

FDXX75

knightrider

there are much better accurate guns for the same or close to price than the hr, yes there are some that will shoot bulletholes but in general they are a pain to get accurate, cheap bolt is much better way to go, jmo

Latest posts