Looking for new rifle

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'd personally prefer a hinged floor plate over a detached magazine, but that's a personal preference.

My preferences as listed:
1-Bergara
2-Weatherby (but test fit before you buy. Some don't like the high Monte Carlo stock)
3-Browning AB3

But I'm a big sucker for the Tikka T3x stainless, as well, and would list it up there with the Bergara. And it has the advantage of being stainless. But if you don't like it then you don't like it

And if you like the weatherby but don't like the stock then look at Howa. Howa makes the barreled actions for weatherby. Only difference is the stock

Atchman2

I would take the Savage or the Ruger, and probably the savage for the detachable magazine. I'd kick the Remington 700 because it doesn't have a floor plate. Otherwise, I'd take a Remington 700 over any of them. But I don't know that we know yet how the quality of the 700's will be with the new owners.
I bought a low end Savage as a spare gun last year. That thing is so accurate it is stunning. I'm sure the more expensive model with the better trigger is superb. If I miss it is my fault. It easily shoots under a 1" group at a hundred yards. On top of that I like it over my ARs because it is so much lighter and is easier to sling.

Chickenrig

Buy the Bergara and then top it with a Leupold firedot
1678105893444.png

280longshot

Bergara that's my choice.. They are very well made, a lil heavy but accurate.
The hunter model isn't as heavy and the stock isn't all flimsy.

Latest posts