Long Range Scope - Narrowing it Down

TNRifleman

I am looking at a scope for a dedicated long range rifle. This will be for punching paper out to 600 yards but possibly further if I ever get the opportunity.

I have narrowed it down to these 4 and would like any input or comments from folks that have or have used one. I have not decided yet which top end magnification I would go with on any of them but really looking for advice on the most useful reticles as well as which ones have the most accurate/repeatable turrets.

1. Nightforce SHV
2. SWFA SS HD
3. Vortex Viper PST II
4. Sig Tango 4

Thanks in advance

hunter0925

The top 2 would be my choices with the swfa probably winning due to the ffp where I believe the shv will be sfp only. I have a viper pst gen 2 and I like it but if I was going to have one scope that I wanted to really rely on I doubt it would be it. I have several razor gen1 5-20s and I would take them over anything you have listed. They can still be found not much more than the scopes you have listed.

lapuafan

Just purchased another nf, this time shv in 5 20 56, moa moar reticle, put it on ruger precision 6.5. You cannot go wrong for the price compared to nsx. And vortex gen 2 is a great one just put one on my custom smokeless.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

mr.big":341e5fde said:
in that price range for a rifle that will be shot off a bench with bags a 10-50x Sightron would be hard to beat IMO,,

my next one will be the SIII 10-50x60 with MOA-2 reticle and 1/8th clix for my 600-1000 yard bench rifle,,

LDS has them for 850 but I would want the MOA-2 reticle

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thread ... t-37252459

Thanks. I will look into that.

Latest posts