Local quarterback to Alabama

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ty Simpson, quarterback for the Martin Westview Chargers committed to Alabama the other day.
Pretty cool to see a 5 star recruit from my home town. :D

His father is the head coach at UTM.
Pretty neat at the press conference to see the hats of Tennessee and UTM along side Clemson, and Alabama on the table.

Part of the article said:
Five-star quarterback prospect Ty Simpson announced Friday he has committed to the Alabama Crimson Tide football program.

Simpson, the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in ESPN's 2022 rankings, chose Alabama over Clemson, Tennessee and UT-Martin. He is now the highest-ranked commit in the Crimson Tide's 2022 recruiting class.

"It was really between Alabama, Clemson and Tennessee," Simpson said Friday. "They were all neck and neck. In the beginning of the year I was going to go to Tennessee. But then with coach Jeremy Pruitt getting fired, I started to think I was going to go to Clemson.

"I started to really think about what are my aspirations, my dreams and what I want in a program. So I thought the best place for me would be the University of Alabama."

My hat's off to the young man and hope he does well.

bowhunterfanatic

I hope he excels down there with the Gumps. However, it is beyond puzzling to me that he wanted to play for coach Pruitt but not for a coach who has proven time and time again to be a QB savant. Just makes me super curious about his mindset as a player and also about the ins and outs of the recruiting process.

Hopefully he is the real deal and Saban will guide him to a prosperous NFL career. Always neat to see the local(ish) kids do well.

hillbillyfab

I hope he excels down there with the Gumps. However, it is beyond puzzling to me that he wanted to play for coach Pruitt but not for a coach who has proven time and time again to be a QB savant.
I couldn't resist not sharing this picture. I too wish the young man nothing but the best. I agree about the local'ish connection. I like seeing athletes from the great state of TN doing well in college and the pros.

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_183125.jpg
    IMG_20210218_183125.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 57

PillsburyDoughboy

I couldn't resist not sharing this picture. I too wish the young man nothing but the best. I agree about the local'ish connection. I like seeing athletes from the great state of TN doing well in college and the pros.
Too Funny..,. Our Local McDonalds had a police raid of some sorts in the local parking lot the other night and it was all over social media. People were speculating what it might be about . Someone said jokingly that someone got mad because they happy meal bags did not contain wads of Cash. LOL

For the record it was not me that said it. LOL

PillsburyDoughboy

I meant to put Chumpson actually :D
I got the feeling Chumpson will be a fitting name for them the next couple of season till they get a chance to reload and get some depth. They were pretty well exposed this season without boy wonder at QB. And they simply don't have the depth that ALABAMA has in other areas. But they will be back in contention quicker than others.

buckaroo

I think for now qb's are good for couple years, if Heupel's offense is as good here as his previous places, we should be able to draw a good one next yr

Latest posts