OSU quarterback goes to…

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Syracuse? That seems quite strange to me unless he was going to lose his starting job to someone.
More trades than baseball now in college football.

JBell

Rumor has it that the coach wouldn't tell him he was gonna start next year. The only Ohio state fan I talk to was concerned if he'd be a liability before the Michigan game. I don't really watch many of their games, but I think he underperformed. Probably saw the writing on the wall….

PillsburyDoughboy

Rumor has it that the coach wouldn't tell him he was gonna start next year. The only Ohio state fan I talk to was concerned if he'd be a liability before the Michigan game. I don't really watch many of their games, but I think he underperformed. Probably saw the writing on the wall….
I would think this is most likley. No QB wants to hear they are going to be riding the pine.

PillsburyDoughboy

Who is the quarterback that will start in his place?
Not sure and not sure if Ryan Day knows either. If he is smart (and I suspect he is) he will probably work the portal and get several lined up and evalute them during the off season and figure it out for next season as this year looks like a trip to the toilet bowl for them this season

Last edited:

JBell

I'm assuming that there was someone nipping at his heels all season. Maybe trying to conserve a redshirt or needs just a little more time maturing. I'd guess if you watch their bowl game, you will see the answer

PillsburyDoughboy

To leave a school like OSU that has produced many a 1st round draft pick over the last 10 years. Syracuse has barley scraped up a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder. Unless this young man was told he was being benched he certainly has pissed away a golden egg in a NFL draft opportunity.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I think a lot of these guys realize their dream of playing in the NFL (if they have one) isn't too likely and they are making bank while they can. Those that are going to get drafted aren't necessarily doing it for the money because there's way more for them in the NFL.

Latest posts