Lest we forget. The quarterback for Alabama in 1992 was…

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Jay Barker? Couldn't hardly complete a pass farther than the line of scrimmage, but led them to an undefeated season and beat Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

My how things have changed.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Jay Barker? Couldn't hardly complete a pass farther than the line of scrimmage, but led them to an undefeated season and beat Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

My how things have changed.
So true. Rules have changed so much in favor of the offense. In '92, all Alabama had to do was get to 14 points and the win was pretty much assured. Only two teams scored 21 points against Alabama that year; the next highest was 13.

I think 10 starters on that defense played in the NFL. Alabama pretty much sunk into the pit for a while shortly after that season.

There are very few games with low scores like that now. Today's game could be low scoring with UT's defensive line against Alabama's offensive line and Alabama's overall defense. Usually, when I expect low scoring, both teams score at will the whole game.

buckaroo

As of today, Alabama still has a 26% chance to make to playoff. A win today, would help Bama even more.

Tennessee has less than a 1% chance and a W for the vols wouldn't help much.
As of today, Alabama still has a 26% chance to make to playoff. A win today, would help Bama even more.

Tennessee has less than a 1% chance and a W for the vols wouldn't help much.
I really don't see the difference, we have the same record as of today

THEdonkey0515

I really don't see the difference, we have the same record as of today
There isn't much a difference.

Tennessee got to win out with A SEC chip to get In, Bama's got to win out with a SEC chip to get In.

UT has Bama on the road and UGA left on schedule is why % is lower.

Gravey

I was in New Orleans when they beat Miami in the Sugar Bowl and it was a great time. We were playing in a flag football tournament and a couple of the guys were bama fans and went. Didn't have tickets and somebody asked how much they'd give to get in. They asked how much were face value on the tickets. They didn't have them but were running a deal with the person at the gate. Think they paid $50 each and put the money in the last person's hand, walked to the gate and the guy said "these 3 here". They walked in and handed him the cash as the last one went through.

Latest posts