Live scope vs 360

Sako

I need some help... The background. I live on Melton Hill and have a dock. I fish this lake 99% of the time and I know the lake pretty well I think. I am ready to upgrade the electronics on my boat but having a real hard time deciding. The specific I want from the unit is not to find structure... Most of the north side of the lake is trees fallen into the lake and I know where a fair amount is anyway. With that in mind, what I want more is to see if fish are on said structure... from what I can tell the 360 is more about finding structure... where the live scope is more about seeing what is on the structure... am I missing something here? I see where Hummingbird is supposed to release a 360 version of a live scope... what is your expereince.... thoughts. Thanks

Spurhunter

Disclaimer: I'm a Garmin guy. I fish almost exclusively on the I-55 Crappie Corridor in MS. Everybody has Livescope. I haven't talked to anyone or know anyone that has talked to anyone that uses anything else. They don't use it to find structure. They use it to target specific fish.

blueball

I have the regular 360 and livescope on the front of my boat.If i had to pick one it would be livescope,just knowing 100% sure there is a fish in the area you are fishing makes it worth it to me.Sometimes though you will get mad when they wont bite.

WTM

youre trying to compare two different technologies. 360 is nothing more than 360 degree side imaging. panoptix is live sonar.

my brother had 360 and i had a ps-22. when livescope came out he bought it. he no longer has a 360. i wish id known that the chirp mfd' wouldnt be compatible with livescope else id still have the ps-22. thats a sore subject with me.

id say with the patent trades and agreements soon it will be pick your poison between lowrance, humminbird and garmin, unless the first two screws it up.

id say if you have a good unit to side image, know how to interpret it and mark points, then get the livescope. youll learn a lot more about fish, how close you can get to them without spooking them, if they are actively feeding, etc.

Tn Joe

I have no experience with a 360 but I sure like my livescope. Like blueball said it can be frustrating when you can see fish looking at your bait but want bite it. I've learned not to waist much time on em if they're not active. Just keep moving until you find some that are.

Spurhunter

my brother had 360 and i had a ps-22. when livescope came out he bought it. he no longer has a 360. i wish id known that the chirp mfd' wouldnt be compatible with livescope else id still have the ps-22. thats a sore subject with me.
Sorry for the hijack but can you explain this in more detail. I have a PS22 and I've been considering going to livescope.

Maude

I suppose you have your answer. I have hummingbirds, front to back on my boat and I would go livescope up front. I wouldn't remove my existing bird though.

WTM

Sorry for the hijack but can you explain this in more detail. I have a PS22 and I've been considering going to livescope.
after i sold i figired out the chirp models were not compatible with livescope and the plus units that were compatible wouldnt even basic network for waypoint sharing with the chirp units. i guess i jumped the gun too quick but i guess it would have cost garmin 10 bucks to build in an internal switch to make them compatible.

that said the lvs32 is a worthy upgrade due to higher definition and target seperation but with that there is a cost of range and target size displayed on the screen in relation to distance. if you plan on upgrading, and are running 9" units, just remember that those targets are going to get small at distance. i would talk to blueball and get his input on screen size. i believe he upgraded to a 12".

TRIGGER

I'm waiting on the mega live from HB to come out since I already have the unit that is compatible with it. I just wish they would come out with videos/pictures to show what it will do. I could pre order it for $1,500.00 but they won't show you what it will be able to do and won't say when exactly it will be available.

Latest posts