Live scope crappie

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Why are you singling out crappie fishermen?

Not many serious fishermen that don't have one on their boat regardless of the species they're after.
Ain't gonna lie yesterday was tough. I finally found some bream and had to harass the crap out of them to make them bite.
Without livescope we would have had 4 keepers.
Ended up with 18.
Worked for every one of them.

If you ain't scopin you just hopin.

😂

WTM

not worse really than si/di/2d combo screens. its just reducing the learning curve and a little easier, unless youre garmin guru.

itll make folks more apt to changing their tactics to catch more fish more so than take the word of someone who has done it for 40 years and learned the hard way, ie. casting to fish more than sticking a dozen rods in front of them or following roaming schools around and casting to them, or how easy it is to spook the bigger fish, or that black crappie are an entirely different animal than white crappie. notice how a lot more black crappie are being caught now after LS was introduced.

imo, it also allows more younger folks into the pro bass tours that probably would have never had a chance without it, albeit the pro tours has become more of an expensive hobby more so than a profession in the last 20 years.

Dbllunger

For 95% of the type fishing I do, live scope would be worthless. So for me I wouldn't have one. I have no problem for those that do if that's what melts their cheese. I will say this. While bluegill fishing Friday I saw two guys nearby crappie fishing and it was obvious they were scoping. Their heads never looked up and out of the boat. Interesting but not for me.

Pilchard

So from my very limited knowledge and research it seems they are most useful schooling fish like crappie?
I have a buddy that uses it to cast to single tarpon, at night, in charlotte harbor.

He is putting up some impressive numbers.

We used to jump 6-10 fish per night and he's consistently in the 30s. I really believe it will disrupt most fisheries as the technology advances.

TheLBLman

I really believe it will disrupt most fisheries as the technology advances.
Love it or hate it, the only thing constant is change.
If more people are successful at catching because of this,
then there may need to be changes in creel limits, size limits, etc.

On the other hand, over my lifetime, I've watched things "change" from a time
when most fishermen kept & ate everything they caught,
to a time today when many release most fish back to be caught again.

Does your friend keep or release his tarpon?

Latest posts