Lifetime Sportsman's Licence

mike243

They didnt have them when my son was little.I did buy both the grand kids theirs.best money I ever spent.bought mine to which was the 2nd best $ I ever spent lmao

Southern Sportsman

My dad and I just bought my nephew his for his 1st birthday. My parents got me mine when I was 12, and it is without question the best gift I have ever received.

The ScubaCamper

I'm still debating on whether or not I should buy one for my 10-month old daughter...her mother is pretty dainty & doesn't really actively support hunting (she's not against it, just not interested in it).

What say you?

Southern Sportsman

It will cost you $200 if you do it now (and you have until she's 2, so you can save up for it and give it to her for her 2nd birthday). If you take her hunting or fishing with you 10 times during her teenage/adult life, it was a good investment. If, in high school, she dates a guy who hunts and wants to go with him occasionally, it was a good investment. If somehow she marries a man who hunts and wants to go a few times times, it was a good investment. If you take her with you to a duck blind drawing and she draws a blind (which you sign onto) it was a great investment. If she actually takes a genuine interest in hunting or fishing herself, it was one of the best investments ever. Under very few scenarios was it a bad investment.

My wife doesn't have any interest in hunting either, but every child we have will have a lifetime license.

Spikes Tactical

Got mine and my daughters this past year - then moved to South Caroling... Glad it is good even if you are out of state.

Never know - might be living back there by the time she is old enough to hunt.

bbuck14

Bought my son's when he was 5 yrs old 15 years ago. One of the best things I've ever done. I highly recommend it!

The ScubaCamper

If I remember correctly, juviniles may not hunt until 6 (?). Whatever the age is, the hunter ed course would need to be completed prior to the 1st hunt.

My boy's 3.5 now, has his license, but no hunter ed yet (of course).

and yes, it's a sportsman's license - the only thing left to pay for in the state of TN are federal stamps for migratory birds. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Gravey

The ScubaCamper said:
If I remember correctly, juviniles may not hunt until 6 (?). Whatever the age is, the hunter ed course would need to be completed prior to the 1st hunt.

My boy's 3.5 now, has his license, but no hunter ed yet (of course).

and yes, it's a sportsman's license - the only thing left to pay for in the state of TN are federal stamps for migratory birds. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
They have to have the hunter Ed class by age 10. Only reason I know is because my son was 10 last March and we had to get it done prior to turkey season. Up until that point he could still hunt and killed several deer and one turkey. They can buy an apprentice license which will get them another year to take the class but you can only buy it once.

Latest posts