Lifetime moose hunt completed!

fairchaser

Returned a couple weeks ago from this hunt. We booked in 2020 but just got to go this year due to Covid. It was an epic hunt and fulfilled a dream for me. I did not fill my tag but passed on two small bulls, one very early in the hunt and later on the last day while chasing a true trophy but just ran out of time. Even though I didn't fill my tag, just experiencing the hunt was enough. I think I've finally gotten to the place in my hunting career where I don't have to kill to feel my hunt was a success.

Last edited:

david k.

I hated that you didn't shoot one but you should be proud of how hard you hunted and the effort you put in all week...there was not one bit of quit in you right up to the last minute of the hunt.

I was hoping to watch you smoke that big one on the last afternoon but that just wasn't God's plan...

Where he was though, if you'd have shot him that would've been both a blessing, and a curse! LOL

I could be talked into going again....just sayin'.

fairchaser

I hated that you didn't shoot one but you should be proud of how hard you hunted and the effort you put in all week...there was not one bit of quit in you right up to the last minute of the hunt.

I was hoping to watch you smoke that big one on the last afternoon but that just wasn't God's plan...

Where he was though, if you'd have shot him that would've been both a blessing, and a curse! LOL

I could be talked into going again....just sayin'.
Thanks David. I will say I pushed myself beyond my own limits. I think I left part of me there in the tundra. The whole experience was unforgettable and made the more special because of you and the fine folks at camp. I've learned it's the people that really make the hunt. Lord willing maybe we can go on another adventure someday.

bigtex

Awesome!! Sorry you didn't hang your tag on one and looks like the weather really sucked, but what an amazing adventure you had!
The video was great, thanks for taking us along!

Latest posts