Leupold Vari-X II 2-7x33 Opinions

BigD_625

How would much would a used Leupold Vari-X II 2-7x33 be worth in good condition? Also, anyone have any opinions on these? Thanks.

Of the ones I've seen, most of them have the Leupold etched straight across the body of the scope. This one has the etching where the e and u are larger like it goes up hill. Anyone know the difference?

JimFromTN

Be careful not to confuse Vari-x II with VXII. I had one. Its worth about $150. They are about as good as any other scope in that price range.

Kimberman

The scopes that have the E and U larger in the the etching makes it an older Leupold, I dont know how old but the first scopes they came out with had that style logo.

BigD_625

Kimberman said:
The scopes that have the E and U larger in the the etching makes it an older Leupold, I dont know how old but the first scopes they came out with had that style logo.

Thanks everyone for the info.

jakeway

If the VariX-II is like today's VX-I, then I agree with the post above. I have a VX-I 2-7X33 on my grandaughter's 243 Ruger Compact, and I paid $150 for it new on sale at Gander Mountain about 3 years ago. It's a good scope for the money, but the power adjustment ring is very stiff. It cost Valerie a deer this year when one came in to 7 yards and she couldn't get the scope off 7 power.

For the money I prefer the Burris FF-II in 2-7X. I doubt I'd pay $125 for the Leupold used, unless I was convinced it was in Excellent condition.