Let's talk broad heads...

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Really like the QAD Exodus.. sharp, low profile, and fly straight with a well tuned bow. Shot several rage hypodermics and never had issues. Going to give SEVR an honest try when I use mechanicals

CrossVolle

I been shooting around with some 125g Sevr's this spring. Goodness these things fly well. I believe i am going to make the switch.

Buzzard Breath

The poison part! They actually did that?

Wolverine72

Bought some Montec G5's in 125 grain last month. I've heard they are hard to sharpen, what do you guys think?
I use G5 100 grain montecs. 50 lb and 26" draw. Sometimes I have wondered if I even hit the deer. They go through like a hot knife through butter. Super easy to sharpen with a flat diamond lansky stone. Medium grit then fine grit diamond. Maybe not sharp as a razor? But goes through like butter. All about placement.
I've heard they don't like shoulder blades much, bit not had that issue yet.

Hawk103161

Here's the heads I used back in the day with good success.

Satellite 3 blade

View attachment 83094

Before those it was the good old Bear razor head with bleeder

View attachment 83095

Yep, I'm older than dirt..
I've used both also..LOl First bow hunted in 1975. Instinctive no sights. I could kill the yugoz out of a paper plate at 40 yards but couldn't hit a deer at 15. Lots of fun and always a lesson to be learned those early days. Took me about 6-8 misses before I tagged my first one. Love the wasp 4 blade. Now I shot the Swacker in my crossbow. Had some issue's with the rage heads. I like the one's that fly straight..

Latest posts